Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toko?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Fair enough, I don't agree but the best thing is we are only talking about fine margins.

I thought Crofts did very well playing as The Hollacopter's mirror image

Crofts was invisible the first half. Second half much better and had a few opportunities to score. Id like to see Stephens replace him when fit. I'd stick with JFC. He will improve every week.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
They were very strong performances from all 3, it would have been hard for JFC to match them, with his current form.

That said though I still think he played better today than he has in a long while.

Completely agree. Don't think he played badly at all just less involved than the other 3 for me.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Do you actually watch games? You probably think Hammond was invisible as well when he played for us. Just because a player isn't pinging Hollywood cross-field balls or beating players with step-overs and flair skill moves does not mean they are invisible.

Hammond is way better technically than crofts. On evidence so far I prefer Holla to Hammond in that role. My opinion still is that crofts was invisible first half. Stephens is a much better player. I hope he'll get that spot when fit.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Is he fit? What is happening with him?

Three days ago someone answered your question, saying that as of the first game he was injured and likely to be out for four weeks, which point you acknowledged. I suspect that he's now three days closer to being fit...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Hammond is way better technically than crofts. On evidence so far I prefer Holla to Hammond in that role. My opinion still is that crofts was invisible first half. Stephens is a much better player. I hope he'll get that spot when fit.

Agreed, Hammond was an underrated player, delighted he is in a Prem squad and getting game time now. Crofts I am more of a sceptic because he doesn't hold possession as well, I think that's why Poyet replaced him. Fair enough he fought back well under Oscar so gets his chance now again, but I feel the more good signings we bring in, the much less we will see of Crofts. Certainly we can do better in a front 3 player than him

Toko looked a decent player in pre-season. Holla will be a tough player to get past but it's a long season, so we'll see

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Agreed, Hammond was an underrated player, delighted he is in a Prem squad and getting game time now. Crofts I am more of a sceptic because he doesn't hold possession as well, I think that's why Poyet replaced him. Fair enough he fought back well under Oscar so gets his chance now again, but I feel the more good signings we bring in, the much less we will see of Crofts. Certainly we can do better in a front 3 player than him
Odd really as prior to his injury last year most supporters thought he was our best player in great form.

Odd really as prior to his injury last year most supporters thought he was our best player in great form.

Understandable. In a side that struggles to score goals, a goal-scoring midfielder will have an extra premium attached. It's the other parts of his game where we can do better in my view

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I don't know what it is either. I am just not a big fan to be honest. He got in a couple of good scoring positions on Saturday and was frustrated not to receive the pull back, either time, so it isn't as if he doesn't add anything to the team, or that I don't notice his work rate and focus. I guess playing where he does, people tend to look for a little more flair and he can come across as a bit of an automaton sometimes - arms pumping as he bustles his way towards the penalty area, trying to burrow his way towards the goal.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
where do you sit? happened right in front of me - it was definitely JFC. confirmed by Naylors twitter commentary.

Worryingly I sit in the North stand close to where it happened and I still got it wrong, can't for the life of me work out why I thought it was Dunk but looks like a trip to the opticians beckons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here