Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone on a 1706 train from London to Brighton tonight?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd be very surprised if we've sold 800, from what i've heard it's around 300. We'll see.

My guess is that the teams' odd arrangements have everything to do with the club's cost cutting......we're skint, but not in any danger, because all the "debt" is to our owner.

Someone else has already said it's almost impossible to make a large group booking for one night down here on a bank holiday weekend, which may explain how they've ended up in Fawlty Towers.

The ticket sales thing came from the Albion's football liaison officer at Sussex Police. Perhaps more might travel than you expect because it's a long weekend, even if the trains are screwed.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I've always wondered if the old, 'If everyone comes out of clubs at 2am, there's bound to be trouble...' idea has been proved by the deregulation of club hours. I can't help feeling that if people are out, at various times, between say 8pm. and 6am., and possibly more pis*ed than in the old days, what with shots and Jaigerbombs etc., there is more likelihood of grief ???

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If they trained this morning, then had their lunch then got the train this is about when they'd expect to arrive.
They've missed a trick shelling out for tube tickets when they could have walked from Euston to St Pancras and got on the FCC train.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If you see Dougie Freedman get on, don't give up your seat for him :thumbsup:

[tweet]502856882818924544[/tweet]

Why on earth would they travel down to Brighton on the train during Friday evening rush hour (if true)?

Dougie wanted to gaze longingly at Selhurst Park as the train went past?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've always wondered if the old, 'If everyone comes out of clubs at 2am, there's bound to be trouble...' idea has been proved by the deregulation of club hours. I can't help feeling that if people are out, at various times, between say 8pm. and 6am., and possibly more pis*ed than in the old days, what with shots and Jaigerbombs etc., there is more likelihood of grief ???

Nah. Same number of punters, just spread over a few more hours, rather than previously, where you suddenly had 3000 people on West Street all at the same time, all looking for taxis, kebabs, shags and fights.

You don't get quite the 2am clusterbomb now that you used to.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
If this is a cost cutting measure, how much does a luxury coach cost then if it is cheaper to travel on the train?

That's what I was thinking. They must have in excess of 20 people traveling, during peak hours, kit bags and warm up cones etc. how on earth can getting a train be more cost effective, or less stressful than hiring a coach?

I can't imagine poor Dougie facing that mental woman shouting at him on their coach after our last game if he was in a queue for the train! :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Did Doogie get off at East Croydon and was last seen running out if the station screaming for Stevie Parish to come and get him?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If this is a cost cutting measure, how much does a luxury coach cost then if it is cheaper to travel on the train?

I saw the Dover Athletic team get off a train at Donny last Saturday presumably to catch a hired coach to take them to their game with Grimsby Town otherwise they wouldn't have got to Blunder Park until after 2 o'clock catching the 12.38 to Cleethorpes.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
They're getting the train
They're skint agai-ai-ain
They're Bolton Wanderers

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They're skint agai-ai-ain
They're Bolton Wanderers

I would have thought it would turn out more expensive than hiring a coach though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Train journey from manc to london on a friday saves a good two hours of motorway driving and avoids the m25. Good for team bonding also I guess.

Maybe they flew to Gatwick first.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I would have thought it would turn out more expensive than hiring a coach though.

Not if they got on the trainline.com as soon as fixtures were posted. Mind you, they were travelling peak time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here