Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recommendations for a £15 - £25 bottle of champagne please

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
As it's present and you are not looking to drink yourself an unbranded or cheaper end is going to look a bit cheapskate but that is the only champagne you will get at around £25 mark unless you stumble over a discount bargain. Bite the bullet Bollinger is one of the best but expensive, Pol Roger would be my choice or a bit cheaper Moët, the later being the most recognisable.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Cheers all. Decided to go Prosecco or Cava now.

Good decision, £25 Champagne isn't anywhere as nice as £20 Prosecco - buy something that has a "brand name" on it, like M&S for example and you cant go wrong (IMO), they don't put their names on anything that isn't any good!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
with a £25 budget, would be criminal not to get a Sussex sparkler as mentioned. i'm team Ridgeview, as its East Sussex (la,la,la) :rave:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Sainsbury's have Lanson black label on offer at £25.50, if I remember that one is normally in a presentation box and Lanson is a pretty good one.

its lovely stuff, not overly keen on some champagnes ive tried, but i love the Lanson black label, its not too dry and it has got the coat of arms on it, so if its good enough for Liz and Phil, it will be good enough for your pressie..............

348840765_d51b6aa016.jpg

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sainsbury's have Lanson black label on offer at £25.50, if I remember that one is normally in a presentation box and Lanson is a pretty good one.

Was going to say this one too. Very good stuff for the price.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Good decision, £25 Champagne isn't anywhere as nice as £20 Prosecco -

Terribly sorry to say, bit I disagree wholeheartedly. Tell me the type/brand of prosecco you are referring to, and I'll find a champagne for £25 that is better, or at the very worst, as good.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Another vote for Nyetimber, it has won load of blind tastings against supposedly superior French fizz.

Got a few bottles of Classic Cuvee in the wine cooler at present and this thread has got me thinking that as it is a Bank Holiday weekend it would probably be rude not to open one in celebration. :clap:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
See of you can get Pol Roger (?) very under rated champagne and may come in around £25

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Pay a tiny bit more and go for L.P. or L.P.R. quality for the price.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ridgeview Cavendish for £25, Bloomsbury even better. Just as good as champagne and from Sussex by the sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here