Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jozy Altidore to sign today/tomorrow

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If true, looks like Gus and Tony are friends again.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I would LOVE IT if we somehow signed Vossen.

Mind you, I'd also LOVE IT if I won the Euromillions on Friday night, and both are probably about as likely as each other.

if you win euromillions, you can buy ownership of Vossen and loan him for free

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
He has pace and strength. He's a lot quicker than Ulloa. At this level, he will probably be a handful for most defenders.

Indeed, will make my mind up when/if I see him play for us. Not going to write him off before he even joins. Has potential, yet to see if it can be realised.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's an odd one. Repeatedly looks awful for Sunderland but looked unbelievable for the USA at the World Cup.

If he came, he may be a very astute signing. In the US he's rated very highly as a striker with excellent link up play.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
He's an odd one. Repeatedly looks awful for Sunderland but looked unbelievable for the USA at the World Cup.

If he came, he may be a very astute signing. In the US he's rated very highly as a striker with excellent link up play.

Agree . This just sums up the usual moaners on NSC. 3 years ago us signing a player that has just played in a world cup this board would have gone mental. Now one is shit not, good enough and a "big" lump. It does not matter who we sign, the usual suspects will always moan. The only time they don't come out of the woodwork is when we put in a good performance and their "crap" players play well and we win like tha Leeds game. They then look for something else to moan about and move on to anyone else that may be connected to joining the club. It make you think that the really TRUE fans don't bother with this board. There are obviously some on here that just want sensible discussion regarding our club and others that just use it as a wind up.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When's it my turn to start on of these ITK threads.

Can I make something up for tomorrow, please.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As has been said, no chance at all. But would be fantastic. He's great for the US.

Not least for me finally to be able to say to people over here who are watching the Premiership that the other divisions aren't bad either.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
**** me YES PLEASE. Alright he was pony at Sunderland but just got a really good feeling he'd tear the Championship up. Plus who was the last Yank we had? Yelldell? We NEED an American sawwcerball star.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Can't see it i'm afraid chaps unless SAFC sign Borini (or a left forward) + one more striker

Danny Graham is available!

Ah Graham, nice to make your acquaintance again.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Can't see it myself, or though if I am wrong I will apologise.

Reason I am doubtful. We possibly cannot match his wages, there would also be rumours on Twitter, in The Argusm this is why I am doubtful.
Don't want to build myself up for nothing to happen.

Didn't spot any Danny Holla rumours. Or Texeira. That said, would not be getting hugely excited.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
ive watched him play many many times, ive read the sunderland forums at length last season, where to a man bar the odd game the concensus is not very good at all..... I'm capable of forming my own opinion based on what ive witnessed watching him play and what others have also witnessed week in/out, and and stand by it. What credibility do you speak of Diego, its a game of opinions?

I'll leave you with a few sunderland fans comments all made in the last 7 days, there are loads more from the last week and 1000's more from last season where he got 1 goal in 30 (how is the credibility of these fans who watch him every week?)

Nicky Winterwasp
:lol: Altidore is ****ing dog shit mind. I don't know what's worse, his football ability or the posters on here who reckon he will come good and be an asset to the team. On the basis of VFM he must the worst signing in SAFC history. Just watch him in any game, I honestly believe that I am a better footballer than Jozy Altidore. I'd love to know what the other players think of him, I bet they wonder how he ever became a professional. Also, I think Graham is the better footballer who I think would have contributed at the very least a few goals if he had played the same amount of games as Altidore did last season. I'm bitter about paying for a season ticket to end up watching Altidore. Nothing against the bloke on a personal level but I guarantee he is the worst player I've seen playing live for SAFC. He wouldn't get a game for the Dog & Duck.

Veteran2
Not a chance, HE'LL come good. He is a plank.

normanovwingate
Give over, he's never a premiership player. Seems a decent bloke & doesn't deserve personal criticism but he'd look out of his depth in the championship

AssensMackem
a 3 legged donkey would have a better chance

normanovwingate
I so wish you were right, but he's total crap. I hope he makes me eat my words (but he won't).

tom92
Altidore is absolute shite and will never come good in the premier league. When he was finally dropped we started winning games again. If we sell Wickham then we'll be looking at Altidore as 2nd choice, would be gutted. He genuinely makes going to the match painful to watch

I'll put it a different way.

Anyone who a). describes a player who's played for USA and in the Premier League in the way you did and b). then justifies it by posting quotes that I could've read hundreds of times on NSC from the lame brains who lay into our players in that way loses out big time in the credibility stakes as far as I'm concerned.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'll put it a different way.

Anyone who a). describes a player who's played for USA and in the Premier League in the way you did and b). then justifies it by posting quotes that I could've read hundreds of times on NSC from the lame brains who lay into our players in that way loses out big time in the credibility stakes as far as I'm concerned.

I called him shite, that is my opinion and Ive seen him live 7 times where he was shite and more on TV, its also the opinion of most Sunderland fans, and your ultra credible opinion is based on what? lame stats? vague ideas or comparisons? the fact he's played for the US or in the premier proves you're right and others opinions who have seen him are invalid.

Oh armchair internet guru aren't you the credible one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here