The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Sounds like a cracking signing to me.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
He'd be very good at this level IMO. For those who say underwhelming/ect who exactly are you expecting us to sign? Serious question.
Just someone with a proven scoring record at this level,....

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
He's played 71 times for the US. 71 times!! Jesus christ. And he had a 1 in 2 ratio in the dutch league.

Who did? Jozy or Jesus, I would take the latter as he works miracles. Turns cold pie into hot I hear.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Need numbers, if its him or nobody then have to have him. 6ft1 , big lump. Could be a good option.

Clearly can score but not clicked in England.

Him and a striker for big money and I'd be happy

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Are you aware of the impact that a statement like this has on your credibility?

ive watched him play many many times, ive read the sunderland forums at length last season, where to a man bar the odd game the concensus is not very good at all..... I'm capable of forming my own opinion based on what ive witnessed watching him play and what others have also witnessed week in/out, and and stand by it. What credibility do you speak of Diego, its a game of opinions?

I'll leave you with a few sunderland fans comments all made in the last 7 days, there are loads more from the last week and 1000's more from last season where he got 1 goal in 30 (how is the credibility of these fans who watch him every week?)

Nicky Winterwasp
:lol: Altidore is ****ing dog shit mind. I don't know what's worse, his football ability or the posters on here who reckon he will come good and be an asset to the team. On the basis of VFM he must the worst signing in SAFC history. Just watch him in any game, I honestly believe that I am a better footballer than Jozy Altidore. I'd love to know what the other players think of him, I bet they wonder how he ever became a professional. Also, I think Graham is the better footballer who I think would have contributed at the very least a few goals if he had played the same amount of games as Altidore did last season. I'm bitter about paying for a season ticket to end up watching Altidore. Nothing against the bloke on a personal level but I guarantee he is the worst player I've seen playing live for SAFC. He wouldn't get a game for the Dog & Duck.

Veteran2
Not a chance, HE'LL come good. He is a plank.

normanovwingate
Give over, he's never a premiership player. Seems a decent bloke & doesn't deserve personal criticism but he'd look out of his depth in the championship

AssensMackem
a 3 legged donkey would have a better chance

normanovwingate
I so wish you were right, but he's total crap. I hope he makes me eat my words (but he won't).

tom92
Altidore is absolute shite and will never come good in the premier league. When he was finally dropped we started winning games again. If we sell Wickham then we'll be looking at Altidore as 2nd choice, would be gutted. He genuinely makes going to the match painful to watch

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not happened for him in the premier League, but would certainly cut the mustard at this level. As an American with American Express written on him he'd also be a marketing dream ticket.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Baldock on perm (possibly CMS going as part exchange + cash?), with Altidore on a season long loan? Yes please!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes, it's always a good idea to post thoughts from other clubs forums.

its not that alone though Albumen, ive watched him play quite a bit, best friend at work is a mackem and ive been to see them a few times.

Imagine the Donny fans all saying how great it was they were signing billy paynter from the league above and then a donny fans posts opinions from NSC, were the Albion fans opinions all wrong? not in our evaluation of him at our club they weren't.

Could he do well here? yes maybe. Do the sunderland fans think he's shite, yes absolutely. Did i honestly think he was any good when i watched them last season? No he wasnt, he was a passenger.

But if we get him, i'll support him and hope he does well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here