Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jozy Altidore to sign today/tomorrow

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You mean, the statistic based assessment by certain posters has dampened your enthusiasm already!? Why do you think we need a scouting network when we have wikipedia and youtube!?[

Nah just joshing, I love how wrong so many were about Teixera. After enduring the most tedious 60 or so minutes in a long time at Birmingham I could only smile at how good Teixera looked after all the bollox spouted on here earlier in the day. Slagging a player off before he has even kicked a ball for us is quite a weird thing to do. In most instances most of the rumoured players we run down won't ever play for us. :smile:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Altidore's stats are unusual. Hardly any goals for Sunderland or Hull on loan, yet a hatful in his 2 seasons with AZ Alkmaar. 10 goals in 19 matches for the USA in 2013 and 2014 suggests that he IS a decent player, but the highlight reel suggest he needs plenty of service and can't conjure stuff out of nothing.

We aren't blessed with creative midfielders, but when Teixeira and Lua Lua are alongside him you fancy that will be a right handful for most Championship defences.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Altidore's stats are unusual. Hardly any goals for Sunderland or Hull on loan, yet a hatful in his 2 seasons with AZ Alkmaar. 10 goals in 19 matches for the USA in 2013 and 2014 suggests that he IS a decent player, but the highlight reel suggest he needs plenty of service and can't conjure stuff out of nothing.

We aren't blessed with creative midfielders, but when Teixeira and Lua Lua are alongside him you fancy that will be a right handful for most Championship defences.
It's not unusual, defending in the Eredivise is dogshit that's how he scored so many goals there and no goals anywhere else. It's that simple.

And this rumour is barely a rumour, it's like me starting a thread stating 'Muller will sign...' There's no substance to it whatsoever and I have no idea how it made so many pages.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It's not unusual, defending in the Eredivise is dogshit that's how he scored so many goals there and no goals anywhere else. It's that simple.

And this rumour is barely a rumour, it's like me starting a thread stating 'Muller will sign...' There's no substance to it whatsoever and I have no idea how it made so many pages.

Wow. Really ? Muller is going to sign ?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Gerd Muller? He's absolutely brilliant. When's he signing?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Any truth atall in this / evidence other than the first post?

Dec 29, 2011
"
They sold Ulloa to Leicester for around £11 million and Blooms kept most of that to date................."

The reported fee has gone from £7m initially, to £8m, to £10m said a few times on this forum, and now £11m said by this guy. That's over a 50% increase on the original fee :lol:

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Altidore looked good at world cup. Doesn't score much but is a real handful. Would make chances and space for Baldock and CMS to feed off

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Altidore looked good at world cup. Doesn't score much but is a real handful. Would make chances and space for Baldock and CMS to feed off

And another one. Really? His 23 minutes must have been the greatest footballing performance known to man.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Im not sure we really need a compulsive Stepoverer at the moment tbh , looking at these cctv images of him buying a pint of milk in a local shop he is far better off oopt north where they seem to like that kinda thing .

funny.gif

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
And another one. Really? His 23 minutes must have been the greatest footballing performance known to man.

Just looked it up, you are right!

How weird, I have a fake memory of him playing in world cup. Maybe it was a warm-up game or something. I can't think why I have this memory. Maybe it was a Sunderland game I am thinking of. But I remember thinking to myself, this guy is quite a handful!

Maybe this game just before World Cup
http://www.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2...-nigeria-1-international-friendly-match-recap

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just looked it up, you are right!

How weird, I have a fake memory of him playing in world cup. Maybe it was a warm-up game or something. I can't think why I have this memory. Maybe it was a Sunderland game I am thinking of. But I remember thinking to myself, this guy is quite a handful!

Maybe this game just before World Cup
http://www.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2...-nigeria-1-international-friendly-match-recap

:shrug: Maybe you and [MENTION=16359]JBizzle[/MENTION] are smoking the same stuff...

He's an odd one. Repeatedly looks awful for Sunderland but looked unbelievable for the USA at the World Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here