Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst state you've been in due to substance abuse

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A good friend took a few too many mushrooms at a house party. He started screaming and lashing out at everyone and everything. Punching walls and trying to hit and kick people.

So we shut him in the shed to try and calm him down or at least stop him attacking people.

The next thing we know he's smashing down the shed from the inside with an axe!

It wasn't long before the police arrived.....

:lolol:A walk around the block for some fresh air would have worked better than locking him up. Funny though.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
This reminds me of a bunch of youths talking in the pub. Each one trying to out macho his mates.

The topic could be
1. Birds I've laid
2. Blokes I've beaten up
3. Fastest I've driven my car
4. How much drink I had before throwing up.
5. Drugs I've taken.

As I said - grow up.

victor-meldrew.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A good friend took a few too many mushrooms at a house party. He started screaming and lashing out at everyone and everything. Punching walls and trying to hit and kick people.

So we shut him in the shed to try and calm him down or at least stop him attacking people.

The next thing we know he's smashing down the shed from the inside with an axe!

It wasn't long before the police arrived.....

Who thought it would be a good idea to lock him in the shed, Jesus that would scare the shit out of anything tripping balls.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That sounds like a case of blame shifting to me. A person has a choice to take drugs or not to take drugs. They cannot blame the law or broken society for their choices.

I was reading very recently about a sexually abused girl who ran away and got into drugs. She only has herself to blame for taking drugs to blot out her memory and ease the pain? Is this what you're saying?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Ketamine is typically a club drug. I think the idea is to have a tiny amount to make them feel a bit fluffy - but if someone takes too much it becomes a heavy dissociative, where people can literally forget who they are, where they are or even what they are. I'm sure there are some people that would like to experience that for various reasons. "Outer body experience" perhaps.

Good for dancing in small doses. Little and often.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This reminds me of a bunch of youths talking in the pub. Each one trying to out macho his mates.

The topic could be
1. Birds I've laid
2. Blokes I've beaten up
3. Fastest I've driven my car
4. How much drink I had before throwing up.
5. Drugs I've taken.

As I said - grow up.

No-one's forcing you to stay in this pub.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That sounds like a case of blame shifting to me. A person has a choice to take drugs or not to take drugs. They cannot blame the law or broken society for their choices.

I still hate the generalisation of "DRUGS". Someone like me who occasionally does recreational substances at the weekend for musical and social reasons is a million miles away from someone hooked on hard drugs. It's a bit like taking a full blown alcoholic and lumping them in the same category as everyone who likes a couple of beers at the weekend.

Addiction to anything is bad, and should always deserve some sympathy as there is always an underlying story to explain it, and usually it's not a good story :-(

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was reading very recently about a sexually abused girl who ran away and got into drugs. She only has herself to blame for taking drugs to blot out her memory and ease the pain? Is this what you're saying?

She made that choice to take that path. I know of a couple of people personally who have had the most horrendous starts in life and chose not to take drugs.

I do have sympathy with young people who feel there may be no other way but there are other ways to get help. I also have had over 20 years experience as a youth worker.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
No-one's forcing you to stay in this pub.

Personally I dont give a fig if every drug taker on here ends up dead or brain damaged. The chances are high, as 20,000 people die every year from illegal drug abuse. That's nearly an Amex full.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Personally I dont give a fig if every drug taker on here ends up dead or brain damaged. The chances are high, as 20,000 people die every year from illegal drug abuse. That's nearly an Amex full.

why not just leave the thread alone and stop preaching ? just bringing it down to a place it doesnt need to be.

Some good stories here

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Ketamine is typically a club drug.

Yet its proper use is maintaining general anesthesia and used as a last resort in human operations if the patient is allergic to the other better drugs. My wife has told me they hate using it as they have to be very very careful when patients are recovered - seems a great idea to use it for fun

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I still hate the generalisation of "DRUGS". Someone like me who occasionally does recreational substances at the weekend for musical and social reasons is a million miles away from someone hooked on hard drugs. It's a bit like taking a full blown alcoholic and lumping them in the same category as everyone who likes a couple of beers at the weekend.

Addiction to anything is bad, and should always deserve some sympathy as there is always an underlying story to explain it, and usually it's not a good story :-(

Spot on analysis. Despite this incident I still take certain drugs on a recreational basis, but I am nowhere near addicted. Some of the older generation like to tarnish everyone with the same brush, but the fact is I am a relatively respectable individual with a decent job and standup values - much the same as 95% of chaps and chappettes that like a bit of the white stuff at the weekend.

The notion that everyone who takes drugs is a useless addict is as draconian as racism.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
At a mate's flat one morning after a rave I thought that my head was connected the flat and that we were all in it, and even though the flat was my head sometimes I was floating outside looking in and watching everyone. The walls of the flat/my head kept folding in on themselves in a neverending cycle which felt really odd, until after a while I snapped out of it as usual and realised I was actually in the flat with my mates, when it all then started folding in on itself again and I slipped back into the trip. This happened about 5 times and I was getting really worried that I was stuck like it - all I could think about was how I was going to explaing to my family that my head was now my mates' flat!

In Ibiza once they'd given us a free CD outside the club which had a picture of people dancing under the stars. I was watching it and the stars started twinkling and the people started dancing, then the CD case started expanding until it was the size of the room and I got sucked into it where I thought I was at a festival and it was two years earlier. First words when I came out of that one "Are we in Ibiza" - "yes, mate" - "Quality, I thought I was at a festival!!"

Honorable mentions for the room I was in orbiting Haywards Heath. Looking through a square shape I'd made with my hands, which then gave me the ability to rearrange the view within my hands. Getting stuck to the wall for ages in an uncomfortable position.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
25-250,000 people die from alcohol abuse every year in the UK. If you drink then you are a massive hypocrite, if you don't then maybe you need to live a little.

Also worth noting that legal anti-depressants kill more people than any illegal drug.

Same old crap comparison statistics. Since when do two wrongs make a right.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Spot on analysis. Despite this incident I still take certain drugs on a recreational basis, but I am nowhere near addicted. Some of the older generation like to tarnish everyone with the same brush, but the fact is I am a relatively respectable individual with a decent job and standup values - much the same as 95% of chaps and chappettes that like a bit of the white stuff at the weekend.

The notion that everyone who takes drugs is a useless addict is as draconian as racism.

Oh dear. You seem to be trying to convince yourself that your not a coke addict.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
At a mate's flat one morning after a rave I thought that my head was connected the flat and that we were all in it, and even though the flat was my head sometimes I was floating outside looking in and watching everyone. The walls of the flat/my head kept folding in on themselves in a neverending cycle which felt really odd, until after a while I snapped out of it as usual and realised I was actually in the flat with my mates, when it all then started folding in on itself again and I slipped back into the trip. This happened about 5 times and I was getting really worried that I was stuck like it - all I could think about was how I was going to explaing to my family that my head was now my mates' flat!

In Ibiza once they'd given us a free CD outside the club which had a picture of people dancing under the stars. I was watching it and the stars started twinkling and the people started dancing, then the CD case started expanding until it was the size of the room and I got sucked into it where I thought I was at a festival and it was two years earlier. First words when I came out of that one "Are we in Ibiza" - "yes, mate" - "Quality, I thought I was at a festival!!"

Honorable mentions for the room I was in orbiting Haywards Heath. Looking through a square shape I'd made with my hands, which then gave me the ability to rearrange the view within my hands. Getting stuck to the wall for ages in an uncomfortable position.

Classic stuff :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
She made that choice to take that path. I know of a couple of people personally who have had the most horrendous starts in life and chose not to take drugs.

I do have sympathy with young people who feel there may be no other way but there are other ways to get help. I also have had over 20 years experience as a youth worker.

When you say youth worker you clearly mean you just helped out with an evening soccer class or something? I find it hard to believe that someone with such a narrow and black and white mind could actually be employed and have professional qualifications to councel young people?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here