Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So that's why palace didn't take Malkay.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Sky Sports' Amy Lewis now reporting that the comments were made on a work phone. As others have said, that means the comments were not private, doesn't it?

As for the Palace manager's job, Sky are reporting Sherwood as favourite, with Steve Clarke second, though he was apparently turned down when Mackay was favourite. Interesting, isn't it? It seems Palace are after just the same list as we supposedly were. One Palace tweeter was suggesting Neil Lennon, which will give some on here a laugh. My fear is that they could go and get someone like McLaren, who I suspect would do rather well.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
"Gay Snake"

I think that's my personal favorite.

Unacceptable, but don't these insults seem a bit like a sad old man trying to join in with the team banter.

Palace dodged a bullet, he isnt a great manager anyway

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Private or not, it shows that they have these unacceptable views. In their high-profile positions and especially with Mr Tan in charge, they should have been more careful.

More information has come out about Mackay's actions too from former Cardiff City youth player Ibrahim Farah - check his Twitter - https://twitter.com/Ibby_Farah

There's some nasty stuff alleged in those tweets. Far worse than any texts between Moody & Mackay.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Iain Moody is your director of football - I'd say it has a hell of a lot to do with Palace. During a very key time involving the appointment of a new manager and the recruitment of new players, the top footballing person within the Palace organisation has been dreadfully exposed.

Given all the press, it's unlikely he will be able to perform to the best of his abilities over coming days. The alternative is a parting of ways that would leave Palace with another key position to fill at the worst possible time.

Finally, it really calls into question the judgement of Steve Parish who brought Moody into your club.

Nothing to do with you? Not quite...

Not forgetting that Palace have been fined, and now being sued for spying which very much involves Moody.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28873259

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Sky Sports' Amy Lewis now reporting that the comments were made on a work phone. As others have said, that means the comments were not private, doesn't it?

This is the game changer - up until now I was with stripeyshark and more concerned with privacy issues/thought police, but as they did it all on work tools then they are clearly very thick!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That may be true!

But on a side point, why is it so bad that these messages were sent PRIVATELY between two friends?

Many were work related.

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
Iain Moody is your director of football - I'd say it has a hell of a lot to do with Palace. During a very key time involving the appointment of a new manager and the recruitment of new players, the top footballing person within the Palace organisation has been dreadfully exposed.

Given all the press, it's unlikely he will be able to perform to the best of his abilities over coming days. The alternative is a parting of ways that would leave Palace with another key position to fill at the worst possible time.

Finally, it really calls into question the judgement of Steve Parish who brought Moody into your club.

Nothing to do with you? Not quite...

The misconduct that is now in the spotlight occurred prior to either party being employed or linked with Palace so therefore no it doesn't have anything to do with Palace. They cannot be brought to book regarding the misconduct.

Judging of character? Yeah ok Parish should see something that many previous employers it would seem did not. Give the guy a break - yeah he has questionable hair but you can't call him out on that one.

If reports are to be believed he was relieved of his duties as soon as the story was confirmed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The misconduct that is now in the spotlight occurred prior to either party being employed or linked with Palace so therefore no it doesn't have anything to do with Palace. They cannot be brought to book regarding the misconduct.

Judging of character? Yeah ok Parish should see something that many previous employers it would seem did not. Give the guy a break - yeah he has questionable hair but you can't call him out on that one.

If reports are to be believed he was relieved of his duties as soon as the story was confirmed.

Nobody is suggesting you are in any way culpable for their previous misdemeanors. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is laughing at your pretence that the story has 'nothing to do with you', when in this very post you are suggesting that it has left you without a manager or a director of football, with a week left of the transfer window. :facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nobody is suggesting you are in any way culpable for their previous misdemeanors. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is laughing at your pretence that the story has 'nothing to do with you', when in this very post you are suggesting that it has left you without a manager or a director of football, with a week left of the transfer window. :facepalm:

Quite. Palace aren't to blame but it MASSIVELY affects them.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I wonder what Pulis thought of Moody and how far the latter's character played a part in Pulis upping sticks. I'd imagine that if Moody's judgment was unstable in one aspect of his life, then it probably had spread to other aspects as well.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

According to some of your own fans they have known about Moody for sometime and don't appear as quite forgiving as you.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?p=11917763#post11917763

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
You have got to laugh :D What a carry on!

Glad Moody has gone, Always looked 'odd'. Looks like we dodged a bullet with MM, I'm just surprised Tan didn't wait until we had appointed him before spilling the beans on the pair of them to **** us up a bit more. Maybe the news was leaked back to Palace by a journalist or someone at the FA before we let Malky sign the contract.

Tan's case against us will not make it to court, In my completely unqualified legal view.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tan's case against us will not make it to court, In my completely unqualified legal view.

I wouldn't be so sure of that if I was you , Vincent Tan wants his twenty million pounds of flesh.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Tim Sherwood is apparently 1/2 favourite to be the next Crystal Palace manager. If that comes to fruition, Palace's odds to get relegated will be about the same come Christmas time.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There's some nasty stuff alleged in those tweets. Far worse than any texts between Moody & Mackay.

I can't see them, so presumably they've been removed. By the sound of it, rather wisely...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
One things for sure. My view of Vincent Tan has gone up in the world. He has been portrayed as some kind of thicko Bond villain caricature employing a kid over an experienced director of football who was respected in the game. Now we know more of the story, we know why he got his own man in albeit I don’t think the cleaner, or whatever he was, got to the job due to work permit issues.

The real story for me is not the ‘ist’ views from Mackay and Moody. I suspect that if you looked at the Text messages and e-mails sent by all in football and banned anyone one with ‘ist’ views there would be a series of managerless 5 a side games up and down the country this weekend. There is clearly a suggestion of financial impropriety here which is more likely to mean they are unlikely to be touched by any self respecting chairman rather than any views they hold.

The pair of them are finished. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Good luck after Cardiff OGS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here