Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So that's why palace didn't take Malkay.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We're 1 game into the season. We have all of next week to spend £25m. Sorry to disappoint you but it's quite likely that we'll be fine, especially since Malky and Moody's misconduct has nothing to do with Palace.

Iain Moody is your director of football - I'd say it has a hell of a lot to do with Palace. During a very key time involving the appointment of a new manager and the recruitment of new players, the top footballing person within the Palace organisation has been dreadfully exposed.

Given all the press, it's unlikely he will be able to perform to the best of his abilities over coming days. The alternative is a parting of ways that would leave Palace with another key position to fill at the worst possible time.

Finally, it really calls into question the judgement of Steve Parish who brought Moody into your club.

Nothing to do with you? Not quite...

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Nobody will be too bothered about the homophobic stuff, we know that.
The sexist stuff; FA, pot - kettle - black.
The "Black Monopoly" text will be the end of him.

Was the 'pot kettle black' deliberately or accidentally ironic?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Moody and Mackay have been idiots while Palace are back to square one with their search for a replacement manager as the clock ticks down towards the end of the transfer window. All in all it's been a good few days.

McLeish and is agent have had advanced talks and an appointment is imminent

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
ouch... seem to have covered just about every group they could. oh, they missed dwarfs. dwarfists.

Oi! Don't forget the disabled! I've heard that's why Palace pulled out of negotiations and approached Hoddle; they were shocked and saddened at the lack of texts slagging off the disabled.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We're 1 game into the season. We have all of next week to spend £25m. Sorry to disappoint you but it's quite likely that we'll be fine, especially since Malky and Moody's misconduct has nothing to do with Palace.
Love the smell of denial!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
My worry about this pair would be how much their views actually clouded their judgement in recruiting players, dealing with agents and other contacts. In the world of football, just like all other business, you have to put aside any pre-conceived ideas about individuals and judge them purely on their ability and suitability to do the job.
Ron Atkinson was not prejudiced against black players. He was one of the very first managers to feature three in the same side. He and his club stood up to all the racial abuse that it created and paved the way for hundreds of black players to come into our game. He used one expression that he and many of his generation had used for years and was considered normal language then. He was wrong it to use it but somewhere, deep in his pysche, it was still ingrained and on the spur of the moment it came out. He was rightly condemned for it and has lost a career in football broadcasting.
These two clearly have a wider problem and have been exposed. These ' old-school ' views don't have a place in our multi-racial modern society and thus, these two shouldn't have a place in football.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My worry about this pair would be how much their views actually clouded their judgement in recruiting players, dealing with agents and other contacts. In the world of football, just like all other business, you have to put aside any pre-conceived ideas about individuals and judge them purely on their ability and suitability to do the job.
Ron Atkinson was not prejudiced against black players. He was one of the very first managers to feature three in the same side. He and his club stood up to all the racial abuse that it created and paved the way for hundreds of black players to come into our game. He used one expression that he and many of his generation had used for years and was considered normal language then. He was wrong it to use it but somewhere, deep in his pysche, it was still ingrained and on the spur of the moment it came out. He was rightly condemned for it and has lost a career in football broadcasting.
These two clearly have a wider problem and have been exposed. These ' old-school ' views don't have a place in our multi-racial modern society and thus, these two shouldn't have a place in football.

Agree.

These text messages may have been private. Thankfully, they now are no longer in the private domain due to another investigation and we can see what these two guys really believe. I'm sure they will come up with an explanation, and I'll be interested to see what it is.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Private or not, it shows that they have these unacceptable views. In their high-profile positions and especially with Mr Tan in charge, they should have been more careful.

More information has come out about Mackay's actions too from former Cardiff City youth player Ibrahim Farah - check his Twitter - https://twitter.com/Ibby_Farah

SDG

May 26, 2014
Iain Moody is your director of football - I'd say it has a hell of a lot to do with Palace. During a very key time involving the appointment of a new manager and the recruitment of new players, the top footballing person within the Palace organisation has been dreadfully exposed.

Given all the press, it's unlikely he will be able to perform to the best of his abilities over coming days. The alternative is a parting of ways that would leave Palace with another key position to fill at the worst possible time.

Finally, it really calls into question the judgement of Steve Parish who brought Moody into your club.

He's already gone. Moody that is.

Having a racist manager and director in our area wouldn't be too clever.

Time to go back to Pulis since the man hated Moody anyway.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

It calls into question the character and judgment of Moody. If you hold those sort of views - what sort of idiot would put them into print or text. They are clearly rather dim as well as bigoted. If I were a transfer target and jewish I would have serious reservations about dealing with people who hold those views, and those that continue to employ them.

Sounds like Palace did the right thing in pulling the plug on Mackay. I suspect Moody will be out on his ear. And good riddance. Palace will be well rid of him.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Oh..how I love Palace. Just when they look like a few years of lording it up over us they go and implode.

Marvellous scenes. Just marvellous. Well done all.

Interesting to see a growing number of fans starting to point fingers at Prince Charming. Anyone question him over anything in the last couple of seasons would have had their heads chopped off.
I see that it was Parish's wish to bring back Zaha and not spend the money on one of the two strikers Pulis wanted, this being one of the reasons for Pulis walking.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Oh, I don't know, let's start with the Black Monopoly jag. Hilarious, right?

The word used in that post that you quote, "discrimination", may not be exactly right but instead of parsing the general drift, it's pretty obvious from the laundry list of quotes that the bloke is a racist/homophobic/semite hater. Is it OK if those views are only held in private? May not be illegal as such but it says a lot about the character of the individual. If you don't have a problem with someone of that ilk, well, good luck to you, sir.

Well said KLS. Your posts are infrequent but substantial.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bizarre that Palace fans aren't going on about Poyet being racist anymore. Bizarre that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was this Vincent Tan's plan all along, release this on the eve of Malky getting a new job. Seems incredible vindictive to me.
After palace spying and cheating 3 points out of Cardiff, I've have thought Tan would have released the details the moment ink was on the contract.
Leaving palace in the pooh too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bizarre that Palace fans aren't going on about Poyet being racist anymore. Bizarre that.

Why would they be talking about Poyet on here when he hasn't been Albion manager for 18 months? However, if he had been manager here, you're probably right - they'd STILL be prattling on about his Suarez comments before going very quiet once this story broke.

D

Deleted member 22389

Pick out where discrimination has happened.

If they where doing this on work phones then quite right they should be pulled up, if they where doing this on their own phones then I consider this to be a private matter and should not have been exposed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here