collar-200814-l229-1846509_478x359.jpg

Will Collar
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
14:19 20th August 2014
by Mollie Bennett
I was pleased with large parts of the game from a development point of view"
Simon Rusk

Brighton & Hove Albion’s under-18 side began their season with a 4-0 defeat to Arsenal on Saturday at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre.Albion found themselves one down within the first ten minutes, after a defensive error allowed Chris Willock to go through and finish.
Rusk’s side had a chance to equalise before the break when Ragnar Mar-Larusson headed Jack Rowe-Hurst’s cross just wide of the post.
The Seagulls started the second half brightly, moving the ball about well, however their rhythm was broken when a mistake allowed Tyrell Robinson to double Arsenal’s lead.
Albion looked to pull a goal back and James Tilley went close in a one-on-one situation only to see his shot go wide of the target.
The north Londoners then scored two goals late on through Kaylen Hinds and Stephy Mavididi* to add extra gloss to the score-line, which Rusk feels was not a true reflection of the game.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

He told seagulls.co.uk “I think 4-0 was a harsh score line. It was individual errors that cost us on the day, along with some excellent finishing from Arsenal.*“There wasn’t a lot in it really. We were quite a young side on the day and Arsenal had their full side, so it was always going to be difficult.
“I was pleased with large parts of the game from a development point of view. We certainly didn’t threaten Arsenal’s goal as much as I would have liked though.
“Their coach had some encouraging words for our players at the end, but we got punished for individual mistakes which you know is going to happen at this level of football.
*“There’s lots to work on, but on the same token there were many positives that we can take away from the game. Now we go into another tough match against Fulham on Saturday.”
Albion: Doherty (GK); Courtney, Barnett, White, Maguire-Drew (Kneecombs 85); Mayers (Cox 70), Pring, Tighe, Rowe-Hurst; Mar-Larusson (Tilley 75), Collar.
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V bolton
[/h]saturday 23rd AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V charlton
[/h]SATURDAY 30th AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v blackpool
[/h]SATURDAY 20TH september, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here