Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds v Albion - from Elland Road [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
8:05pm
So lots of good pass-and-move from what, despite the orange shirts, looks more like an Albion side tonight SO FAR.
Holla also showed the muscular side of his game with a crunching, but clean, tackle in midfield.

8:01pm
Albion have so much movement they are hard to pigeon hole in a formation but*it's along these lines...
********************* *STOCKDALE
CALDERON*** GREER*** DUNK*** CHICKSEN
*********** **** HOLLA***** F-CASKEY
****** BRUNO****** AGUSTIEN*** * TEIXEIRA
********************** *M-SMITH************

7:56pm
I didn’t have time to record a good advantage played by ref Adcock in the run-up to the goal after a foul on Mackail-Smith.
He had to go off for treatment but is now back out there as , technically, the lone frontman – but with players moving off him.

7:54pm
Albion look a different team!
More lovely passing, including a Bruno back heel, leads to Holla shooting over from outside the box.

7:51pm
...what a start!
TEIXEIRA is played in down the right*by Bruno's slide-rule pass and thrashes a low shot past Silvestri at his near post.

7:50pm
I want to give you a revised Albion formation ASAP but, in the meantime, a good move in midfield and a run by Teixeira bring the first yellow as Austin brings down the Portuguese.
Holla whips the free-kick over the top corner from 25 yards.
And then....

7:48pm
The South Stand to our left has filled up late and Leeds fans behind that goal are in good voice.
Albion's supporters are on the same side of the ground as us, away to our right.

7:46pm
It's under way with Albion playing towards the Kop end

7:44pm
So is tonight the night we have lift-off? It could yet be a significant night for the Seagulls as they give a first start to two new signings.
The Kop end, or Don Revie Stand, to my left is filling up nicely as the teams emerge here at Elland Road (with Albion in their bright orange strip).
I can’t really say the same for the rest of the stadium but it should be a decent sized gathering here tonight.
Most are hoping to see Leeds make it two wins in a row, of course.
A first goal and/or a first point are the first ambitions for the Seagulls.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here