Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New LB from Premier League Club - Joe Bennett Signs

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
another loan means that we have more resources available to spend big on a striker hopefully.

Dec 29, 2011
Can we stop merging threads please. I like NSC because I can quickly log on and see the latest news and signings. If we merge threads I have to trawl through "it might be XXXX" or "I think it's xxxxxx" before getting to the real news. For example when the Ward deal was hi-jacked by Burnley the new thread created was merged with the other 50 page thread and I never heard about it.

New thread for every major move and a clear title would make NSC even better than it is.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can we stop merging threads please. I like NSC because I can quickly log on and see the latest news and signings. If we merge threads I have to trawl through "it might be XXXX" or "I think it's xxxxxx" before getting to the real news. For example when the Ward deal was hi-jacked by Burnley the new thread created was merged with the other 50 page thread and I never heard about it.

New thread for every major move and a clear title would make NSC even better than it is.

I just go onto the last page....usually up to date

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Makes sense.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we don't like doing business in January, then surely this is our time, with a hotpot of cash, to really buy for the next few years.
It doesn't work like that though. We've got plenty of cash for this year, but the cost of any permanent signings we make will be spread out over the length of their contract (both wage and purchase price) and we can't necessarily afford them next year. What we can afford though, is some expensive loans.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

This is the page for you - http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php

As with David Holla - it was published there first.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Plenty of boro & villa fans saying he's 'horrendous' etc on twitter. Of course won't judge him on that & players sometimes thrive on a fresh sam tart etc but it is worrying when seeing these comments en mass. Saw the same with Obika last time response from other fans was this negative... (Yes I know some Wolves didn't rate Ward)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Just text my brother in law who's a Villa fan and regularly attends, he said this about Bennett

"Few of my mates never rated him. I didn't think he was that bad but is unlikely to make a hugely positive impact. Young player and sometimes is a little bit too inexperienced for the premier league. I think Bennett will be ok for you".

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Another LB who will have an outstanding season on loan then we fail to agree terms to sign him on a permanent basis !!

Well lets hope so!*

*the first bit. the second bit just reminds me how bright an outlook on life I have compared to others...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Plenty of boro & villa fans saying he's 'horrendous' etc on twitter. Of course won't judge him on that & players sometimes thrive on a fresh sam tart etc but it is worrying when seeing these comments en mass. Saw the same with Obika last time response from other fans was this negative... (Yes I know some Wolves didn't rate Ward)

Plenty of people said Ward and Bridge were crap when they first signed and he'll playing for us in the Championship not the Premier League, so he won't be coming up against players with ridiculous pace every match.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Villa fan here.

Bennett has had a hard time with us. He is not great defensively but gets forward very well and has a decent cross on him.

It is worth remembering that he was mostly playing in a truly hopeless defence, frequently with Baker and Clark (two of the worst centre halves I have seen in 45 years watching the Villa).

Also worth noting that when he wasn't injured, even Ron Vlaar looked iffy playing in that defence.

I wouldn't want Bennett starting here, but it is worth noting he is miles better than the dreadful left back Lambert bought last year (Luna).

I actually think there is a decent player somewhere in Bennett, it just needs to be coaxed out. He strikes me as very much a confidence player, too, so a loan to a championship club is a decent idea.

Basically, he'll be fine for you, he'll definitely do a job for you.

I'd sooner have Richardson, but I could see why he has no chance of starting in the Villa team.

I hope he is better than Mattock!

Best we can get is a good player who is off form and he seems to fit the bill. On form players cost too much.

Last edited:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
So a significant amount of money now to be spent on the final piece of the jigsaw..... A striker !!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just text my brother in law who's a Villa fan and regularly attends, he said this about Bennett

"Few of my mates never rated him. I didn't think he was that bad but is unlikely to make a hugely positive impact. Young player and sometimes is a little bit too inexperienced for the premier league. I think Bennett will be ok for you".

Championship is a big step down from the Premier League, especially for full backs. Quality of forwards is much much better in the Premier. An OK full back in the Premier League can be absolute quality in the Championship :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here