Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion's summer signings

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Ask me in May and I'll give you an answer, nobody judges a signing on one game. None of the 3 were the first choice but if they are successful and we play well then all is well in the end

can I ask how you know that 'none of the 3' were first choice ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why did we bother with Ward & Clayton then ? Are you stupid ?

All the time that NSC, Twatter, the newspapers etc were all over the Ward and Clayton sigings, no-one anywhere mentioned Hola, Tex, or Bennett even though we were negotiating with them at the same time. My guess is we'll find out who is stupid in the next few weeks. The clubs that outspent us to land Ward and Clayton, or the club that pulled in three unmentioned players for no fees.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I do wonder how important getting your "first choice" signings really is outside the very elite Real Madrid/Man City level. Football is littered with examples of expensive flops and cheaper options turning out alright.

Talking of expensive flops, Fulham have no points and an £11m striker. Can't say I saw that coming.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ask me in May and I'll give you an answer, nobody judges a signing on one game.

Yet, you were happy to judge them on NO GAMES, declaring them panic signings akin to Johnny Dixon and Shane McFaul before they'd even put their boots on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just a light hearted little jokey-pops that a tw@t like you is sad enough to take serious, or are you on a wind-up?

Given that I said ".... or are you on a wind-up", I think that might indicate that I had an inkling that you were on a wind-up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here