Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour Bloom preparing to sell club

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
A thread with so far , no facts, links or anything that adds to the original "rumour". A rumour thats being doing the rounds for years.
No real insight into the size of TB's fortune, any real motivation for him wanting to sell either now, next season or when.
Extremely tenious links with a rich Australian (he and TB both spend some time in Australia and have/had betting businesses! and er, thats it) but beyond that nothing that suggests he has any links with football (he loves Polo), TB, or any motivation or business reason for him to buy a football club now or whenever.

And still this nonsense goes on. and on.
This is the man who only a week ago addressed 500 fans about his plans for the season, probably on his way now on the train to the match tonight, and has links with the club going back 40 years.

I'm not naive and TB won't own the club forever. One day that time will come and i hope there's a proper succession plan.

But the implication running through this thread that he's invested £200m to create a sustainable top level club but wants to sell up and put everything at risk because the motive was financial all along (even if the business reasons for this are never actually stated) is not only unlikely but frankly insulting to every fan on here including Bloom himself.

Can we give it a rest ?

We're going to have to get a mod to ban you if lengthy posts like this are going to effect the time you have for your buzz feed! :thumbsup:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
It's a very rare post from me, but the last 11 pages are utter garbage.

The club isn't for sale.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What if...

Tony Bloom has always been a supreme strategist, and he's clearly not going to simply accept that the current status quo will remain forever.

So, what I'm theorising is, that Tony, having discussed FFP with experts, like QPRs legal team (which they no longer need, having gone and got themselves promoted), and that Kieran Maguire chap off the TV and radio, has come to the conclusion that as soon as the Football League try to impose any sort of sanction for infringement of FFP rules the whole thing will collapse.

With this in mind, he's doing the groundwork to add some extra financial clout onto the board, not selling up all, but some of the club, so that post FFP we're best placed to be fully competitive as soon as the brakes are off.

Just a thought I had last night.

Would that be the same legal team that they are going to need when they get hit with a circa £50m fine in January for breaching FFP during their promotion campaign?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
And still it goes on. The Oz media are interested in James Packer at the moment but only because of rumours of an affair with model Miranda Kerr. This is what is being discussed on Sydney radio etc.
Obviously not his affairs with the Albion because there aren't any...

Yes, but James Packer is friends with Tony Bloom, so if Tony wants to sell, he will buy the club-because he is friends with Tony Bloom. Errr.....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Would you spend £200m + because it is a friend of yours selling? Why should James Packer?

I think you have miss-interpreted the sarcasm in my post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here