Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour Bloom preparing to sell club

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Just can't see it. Maybe selling part of it perhaps, but TB's a fan as well as a businessman. Would YOU sell the Albion if you owned it?!?

Maybe if as rumoured they are friends he will sell part of the club. Perhaps would account for the tidying up of Directors shares last week. Would certainly bring more money into the club. We shall see.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Well, the rumour I heard was that TB got in too deep in a poker tournament, at chucked everything in (club, training ground, plans for the hotel, and the '83 FA Cup final money) when he had a full house, but KP's son had four aces and cleaned up.

No sale involved - he lost it all... :dunce:

:jester:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Just can't see it. Maybe selling part of it perhaps, but TB's a fan as well as a businessman. Would YOU sell the Albion if you owned it?!?

Maybe he just wants to get back the money he has laid out? and he can still support the club if he owns it or not......as you say he is a businessman, no businessman wouldlet personal feelings get in the way of a good deal........

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Well, the rumour I heard was that TB got in too deep in a poker tournament, at chucked everything in (club, training ground, plans for the hotel, and the '83 FA Cup final money) when he had a full house, but KP's son had four aces and cleaned up.

No sale involved - he lost it all... :dunce:

:jester:

Sounds like a great deal for Packer.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
To kerry Packer's son 3rd richest man in OS. Good friends with Bloom

Is he the wealthy Arab businessman that Bloom is a front man for? (Not saying I believe it, but just something I didn't hear from someone who isn't a premier club scout when I wasn't at the game on Saturday).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
TB flogging the club is more believable than much of the speculation on here. I doubt any of us have the foggiest what he's worth but I'd imagine the near £200M he's put in is more than just a drop in the ocean.

It's fairly evident that he isn't going to make a penny unless we get to Prem and to do that a sizeable chunk of additional, FFP circumvented, investment is likely to be needed. If he hasn't got bottomless pockets then the notion of cashing in and letting someone with deeper pockets have a crack isn't inconceivable, even though it seems unlikely

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
TB flogging the club is more believable than much of the speculation on here. I doubt any of us have the foggiest what he's worth but I'd imagine the near £200M he's put in is more than just a drop in the ocean.

It's fairly evident that he isn't going to make a penny unless we get to Prem and to do that a sizeable chunk of additional, FFP circumvented, investment is likely to be needed. If he hasn't got bottomless pockets then the notion of cashing in and letting someone with deeper pockets have a crack isn't inconceivable, even though it seems unlikely
£200m? The figures get crazier every day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm I right in saying the club cannot be sold for profit ? I thought that was a constitutional edict, as spotted by the heroes who fought the evil knight, Archer.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
There is no way of telling what is really going on and there could be many scenarios. Bloom probably cannot afford to even lose what the FFP target is, as £6m is a lot to lose even if you are rich.

Dick Knight took this club as far as he could take it, and maybe now Bloom has come to the point where he is forced to sell.

It could even be that we have always thought that Bloom is the organ grinder when actually he is someone elses monkey.

I am not saying I believe the story but like with most clubs there comes a time.

Disclaimer:- "This may only be an exagerated flippant off the cuff opinion from myself, it may not be fact, and may not represent the views of any other poster, person, ex manager or organisation".

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He just needs a right hand man really...little bit more investment on the playing side is all that's required...I can see some changes,but not for a while.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
since no-one know's Blooms wealth or can identify a source for it, im going with the rumour that Packer already does "own" the club through Bloom.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
There is no way of telling what is really going on and there could be many scenarios. Bloom probably cannot afford to even lose what the FFP target is, as £6m is a lot to lose even if you are rich.

Dick Knight took this club as far as he could take it, and maybe now Bloom has come to the point where he is forced to sell.

It could even be that we have always thought that Bloom is the organ grinder when actually he is someone elses monkey.

I am not saying I believe the story but like with most clubs there comes a time.

Disclaimer:- "This may only be an exagerated flippant off the cuff opinion from myself, it may not be fact, and may not represent the views of any other poster, person, ex manager or organisation".
Blooms only just started his reign at the club...Far from finished yet :)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
image.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What about him not selling up completely but some of his shares so he has more financial investment to overcome FFP and invest in the playing side. Sounds good but I doubt it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here