Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Lenihan - Cork City

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Looks like we are the favourites according to this article from this morning. http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-lenihan-can-be-another-coleman-30521419.html

Bloody hell!

When did Spanish Dave sign for Drogheda United!?

lenihan.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I love the expression used by the Irish manager in that article.

"Some of our players are running around smelling themselves even though we've only won a couple of games"

:lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
€180k and we appear to be in the driving seat? Why hasn't a big team sucked him up? They've got cash to burn.

If he goes to Hull City, he will be part of their academy (Steve Bruce has stated that, according to Irish news sources). Even more so with the larger set-ups. So ultimately their consideration is future development rather than squad addition. Given that they have the planet to choose from, I would suggest he becomes less of a priority as the price goes up.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I assume this means Bruno will be in midfield this year then?

It would be a relief as, despite being a good footballer, he is a liability in defence.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I read in one of the earlier articles that his club would prefer a loan back agreement, perhaps that is why we are favourites, we've got Calde and if need be Bruno can drop back from his midfield role, so we are covered for this season.

Next season both of those two are out of contract and a year older, Lenihan will have a full pre season with us and can replace one of our two aging right backs if we don't want to renew their contracts.

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
I read in one of the earlier articles that his club would prefer a loan back agreement, perhaps that is why we are favourites, we've got Calde and if need be Bruno can drop back from his midfield role, so we are covered for this season.

Next season both of those two are out of contract and a year older, Lenihan will have a full pre season with us and can replace one of our two aging right backs if we don't want to renew their contracts.

Wow, that would be interesting planning ahead and using a little of our war chest for the future!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
€180k and we appear to be in the driving seat? Why hasn't a big team sucked him up? They've got cash to burn.

The €180k is what they would get in compo from any club that signed him if he left at the end of his contract. They would expect a lot more than that for him to go now.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
After the Sheff Wednesday match it was obvious we needed two young full backs that would bomb up and down all day. With Bennett in the bag, Brian would answer my wishes, along with an experienced Holla in DM. Happy, but IMO we just need one more striker I can trust, but I don't think we'll get that until the last day of the window.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
After the Sheff Wednesday match it was obvious we needed two young full backs that would bomb up and down all day. With Bennett in the bag, Brian would answer my wishes, along with an experienced Holla in DM. Happy, but IMO we just need one more striker I can trust, but I don't think we'll get that until the last day of the window.

I wouldn't be surprised if the striker is one that hasn't been mentioned either.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Comes a cross as a player with a great attitude and bags of potential and if we sign him he could be the best piece of business we do! fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here