Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Lenihan - Cork City

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
He was probably shite anyway.

Yep, this. Those Irish youngsters from the Barry Lloyd era, Greg O'Dowd, Kevin McGarrigle plus the other one? The four foot nothing one? Whatever his name was? Anyway, they were all pony. Nah, If he would rather live in Hull than Brighton, then good luck to him. Meh.

If he went to Hull because they had more Irish lads, couldn't we have clinched the deal by telling him we have a former defender and 1901 club host called Kerry Mayo? Or we used to anyway. :shrug:

Actually Paul McCarthy was okay.......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep, this. Those Irish youngsters from the Barry Lloyd era, Greg O'Dowd, Kevin McGarrigle plus the other one? The four foot nothing one? Whatever his name was? Anyway, they were all pony. Nah, If he would rather live in Hull than Brighton, then good luck to him. Meh.

If he went to Hull because they had more Irish lads, couldn't we have clinched the deal by telling him we have a former defender and 1901 club host called Kerry Mayo? Or we used to anyway.m :shrug:

Actually Paul McCarthy was ..ok.....
Thought Kevin McGariggle came from Gateshead or thereabouts but I thought that he was a good prospect at CB who was ruined by being moved to midfield by either Brady or Case cant remember which, think it was Brady.

Just checked wiki he was born in Newcastle.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Thought Kevin McGariggle came from Gateshead or thereabouts but I thought that he was a good prospect at CB who was ruined by being moved to midfield by either Brady or Case cant remember which, think it was Brady.

Just checked wiki he was born in Newcastle.

Oh well, whatever the other Irish one was called? He was pretty forgettable which is probably why I don't remember his name.

McGarrigle, Irish or not, was pony anyway......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All about opinions, I thought he had great potential as a CB but was ruined moving to midfield, exact opposite to Ince. He is now 37 and still playing for Blyth Spartan who the oldies will remember from amateur cup days with Bishop Auckland and Crook Town

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's hurt his knee.

FamilyGuy-HurtKnee.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bu88er! Read the first 3 or 4 pages thinking, yes, but apart from playing in a different position, all the plaudits about him sound like what was said about Ritchie Towell, so do we really want him? Then I noticed that all the posts were dated 2014!
Oh well, all the best to the lad now - good luck with your recovery, young Brian.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here