Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Lenihan - Cork City

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Cork City FC News ‏@corkcityfcnews 2m
Cork City boss John Caulfield says there's another bid close to the one Brighton have made for Brian Lenihan. #ccfc84 #bhafc #hcafc

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
For a seemingly paltry fee shouldn`t we pay a little extra to get him in.
If he`s anywhere near as good as Seamus Coleman its a win win surely.

Stumpy Tim

Ah well. Less hope now.

Depends who the club is. For an up & coming player, Brighton must be a huge pull. We now have the best facilities in the country, have a recent history of challenging at the right end of the Championship, and young players are getting into the first team regularly. Not many clubs can match that.

Of course, if he just wants to earn some short-term cash then a Premier League team are his likely destination.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Depends who the club is. For an up & coming player, Brighton must be a huge pull. We now have the best facilities in the country, have a recent history of challenging at the right end of the Championship, and young players are getting into the first team regularly. Not many clubs can match that.

Of course, if he just wants to earn some short-term cash then a Premier League team are his likely destination.

It'll come down to money, but there does seem to be an assumption that the Premier League team would actually pay more than we would. Maybe that isn't actually the case.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Sounds like that they are playing us off against each other. Considering how we like things done confidentially, people won't be happy at our end that this is being discussed by their media.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It'll come down to money, but there does seem to be an assumption that the Premier League team would actually pay more than we would. Maybe that isn't actually the case.

Depends how we view him? Bruce has openly said he would be a dev squad player, maybe our view on him is somewhat different and more appealing ?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Hi, at work so cannot view twitter. Are you able to copy twitter message so I and anyone else can view . Thanks

Cork City FC @CorkCityFC
Follow JC. Update in Brian lenihan. He expects Friday to be Brian's final appearance for the club. #CCFC842:11 PM - 20 Aug 2014 Cork, Ireland
14 Retweets 8 favorites ReplyRetweet

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
my irish trainee at work used to play with him.

said he wasn't special but was a centre midfielder back then not a right back.

"this guy a right bk?
"yeah I think so but when I played him he was centre mid and he was all the way up underage for irish teams and that but hes a bit small so I think he got shafted to full back"

on the same note of irish players, had dinner with an irish guy and went on a stag do friday night with Colin Hawkins when we had a game on the saturday and never turned up to the game. Said micky adams was the worst manager hes ever worked under.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
my irish trainee at work used to play with him.

said he wasn't special but was a centre midfielder back then not a right back.

"this guy a right bk?
"yeah I think so but when I played him he was centre mid and he was all the way up underage for irish teams and that but hes a bit small so I think he got shafted to full back"

He may have been small for his age, at the time, but according to his profile page on the Cork City site, he is 187cm (6'2"?) now.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I presume someone else has raised the geographical advantage Hull also have? It's a lot bloody easier to pop back to Ireland from Hull than it is Brighton. He's no longer a teenager but it may be factor.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I presume someone else has raised the geographical advantage Hull also have? It's a lot bloody easier to pop back to Ireland from Hull than it is Brighton. He's no longer a teenager but it may be factor.

Cork-Gatwick flights are a bit of an easier service than driving to Manchester from Hull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here