Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Lenihan - Cork City

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Surely we are a better place to develop? More game time and better training ground/acadamy. Come on Brian, you know it makes sense.

Unfortunately money talks in this game. Can you honestly tell me you would choose a job where you can develop more or a job which will double, possibly triple, your weekly wage?

I know which one i would take.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Unfortunately money talks in this game. Can you honestly tell me you would choose a job where you can develop more or a job which will double, possibly triple, your weekly wage?

If you have a 2 year time frame that might be true. However, with his potential he needs first team matches to get the exposure to get first team premier league exposure. I'd say the Brighton route provides more long term potential (and hence money), unless he gets some guaranteed first team action for Hull. Unlikely....

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Very much this. Although one famous case was CMS (declining West Ham) to come here. Maybe we were offering better terms.

If we offered a long contract, say 4/5 years as opposed to Hulls 2/3yr contract (obviously just guessing here!) maybe that would swing the pendulum our way?

We will soon find out.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

I don't think it's a case of Hull offering double or treble what we will offer, so I'm not sure of your point. But yes, i think many people will slightly reduce the wage to develop more at the early stage of their career.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Just to clarify why do you people think that Hull, or any PL club, will pay Lenihan more than us? Wherever he goes he'll be part of their development squad and no one is going to be paying stupid money! It's not like we'll offer him 5k a week and hull 20k p/w is it? The difference in wages is going to be tiny so it's about where he can develop more as a player.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
If you have a 2 year time frame that might be true. However, with his potential he needs first team matches to get the exposure to get first team premier league exposure. I'd say the Brighton route provides more long term potential (and hence money), unless he gets some guaranteed first team action for Hull. Unlikely....

Again money talks I'm afraid. He will see all his mates earning a wedge and want some of it. I would hope for him here and will be pleasantly surprised if he signs for us. Unfortunately the majority of youngsters want dosh in their pockets and who can blame them.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Assuming it is Hull that have also made an offer to Cork. Does anyone know the category status of there Academy/training facility?

Mar 2, 2014
Assuming it is Hull that have also made an offer to Cork. Does anyone know the category status of there Academy/training facility?

This was just minutes before the playing squad turned up this morning to get changed.

435.jpg

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
From twitter I know..... but:

easthulltiger @easthulltiger66 · 3m
Brian Lenihan was @ #hcfafc training ground this morning undergoing a medical this afternoon. no sign of anyone else.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Brian Lenihan was @ #hcfafc training ground this morning undergoing a medical this afternoon. no sign of anyone else.

who is #hcfafc?

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
Going to be in both teams development squad. I know hull are premier league but are they really better equipped than us at developing????? Hull or Brighton?? Good luck to him but he had more chance of first team football here than there

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Looks like the tweeter was actually there too, a day out for the kids at Hull, pictured with Steve Bruce.

Ah well. Let's move on!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here