Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brian Lenihan - Cork City

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Depends who the club is. For an up & coming player, Brighton must be a huge pull. We now have the best facilities in the country, have a recent history of challenging at the right end of the Championship, and young players are getting into the first team regularly. Not many clubs can match that.

Of course, if he just wants to earn some short-term cash then a Premier League team are his likely destination.

It's rather unfair to label Hull just a Premiership team. They're in Europe (I presume they still are?) and played in the FA Cup final last year, so they're an attractive club to play for. If he thinks he's good enough he'll make the team before the seasons out. The Owner may be an idiot but even the city of Hull has had positive press recently.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I presume someone else has raised the geographical advantage Hull also have? It's a lot bloody easier to pop back to Ireland from Hull than it is Brighton. He's no longer a teenager but it may be factor.

There are airports near London these days.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
From Cork City official twitter account just now....

Usual add on clauses (% sell on, international apps etc) should apply to the deal between Cork City and Brighton. #CCFC84 #bhafc

Sounding like its very close to done....

BHA007

Jan 13, 2013
From Cork City official twitter account just now....

Usual add on clauses (% sell on, international apps etc) should apply to the deal between Cork City and Brighton. #CCFC84 #bhafc

Sounding like its very close to done....

That's not the official account !

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've been reading recently about the Humberside Teleportation Institute's latest invention, sponsored by the UK's most fattening and pasty-size-shrinking chain. If Cork has a number of Greggs stores, one with a baker's oven with rematerialisation settings and an exit with specially-designed de-puff-pastry shampoo splurtings, then that could heavily influence Brian's decision.

Stumpy Tim

It's rather unfair to label Hull just a Premiership team. They're in Europe (I presume they still are?) and played in the FA Cup final last year, so they're an attractive club to play for. If he thinks he's good enough he'll make the team before the seasons out. The Owner may be an idiot but even the city of Hull has had positive press recently.

I said "a Premier League team". I didn't mention Hull. Generally you would think a Premier League team will pay more than us - that's my point.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
isn't the top one the equivalent of The Argus though? So you should imagine they should know something? No?

You reckon the Argus are always right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here