Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's new loan signing from Liverpool needs time to settle in [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Albion's new loan signing from Liverpool needs time to settle in[/h]5:00am Monday 18th August 2014 in Albion By Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter
3206461.jpg
Joao Teixeira warms up at St Andrew's
ALBION boss Sami Hyypia has appealed for patience with Liverpool prospect Joao Teixeira.
The 21-year-old Portugese midfielder made his debut as a second half substitute in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat at Birmingham, which has left the Seagulls without a point or goal from their first two matches in the Championship.
Teixeira did not meet his new team-mates until Friday evening after training with Liverpool and signing on loan for the season.
Hyypia told The Argus: “I think we need to be patient with him, try to help him fit into the group and the system as soon as possible.
“He is an intelligent player and I wouldn’t think that is a problem for him but we need to be patient, to understand that he is very young.
“Joao is a very good player, good on the ball, so I’m sure he will help our team a lot with his skills and quality.
“He had to come onto the pitch with totally strange players. It must have been a strange feeling for him as well but our group is a very good group and he will fit in very well. He can then show us more.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here