Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worrying stat on Football League Show ( Apologies if fixtures)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
New stadium effect wearing off.
Short of promotion, I suspect it would have happened, and to a similar extent, regardless of results.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Long way to go between now and next April....yes it could get worse...but then it could get better...but the one definite is 8 months
The most important time for any club is during the summer transfer window to make deals. This is where you shape your squad for the current campaign. I don't think many chairmen like the January window due to inflated prices but it's certainly an option.
With two weeks left of this window and less impressive signings to date the future doesn't look bright.
Whatever happens this season many people will remember this summer when it comes to renewing next year.
Look at our squad and the league table. The alarm bells are going off already.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure you are correct as most people renew based on the seasons performance and viewed prospects irrespective of what did or didnt happen during the transfer window with perhaps a passing comment of if we had signed A or B we may have done better

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I would have renewed but no doubt a lot of the JCL's wouldn't have.
JCL's are just as important as you or any other super fan. You lose these people then will most certainly be paying more for your season ticket and other stadium goods next time round.. On top of that you will see an even weaker squad as the playing budget will be slashed further.

We are all in this together no matter what status we are.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I agree - that 7% drop was on the back of finishing 6th. What will the drop be like on the back of finishing 16th?

Might depend upon how we end up at 16th. Having bobbled around all season in mid table and lower, struggling most of the season but putting in a champions style performance from end of Feb onwards demonstrating the squad and management team are 'premiership ready', inconsistent league form but a cracking cup run and the whiff of Wembley. Of course we might always do better than 16th..........or worse.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
JCL's are just as important as you or any other super fan. You lose these people then will most certainly be paying more for your season ticket and other stadium goods next time round.. On top of that you will see an even weaker squad as the playing budget will be slashed further.

We are all in this together no matter what status we are.

I never said they aren't important, I said a lot of them would have jumped back onto what ever premier league bandwagons they were on before the Amex came around.

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
Didn't say that did I Durr Brain, I am very very glad for all new fans to come, my point is they are the most likely to jump ship at the first sign of trouble! does that spell it out for you clearly enough now?

Might depend upon how we end up at 16th. Having bobbled around all season in mid table and lower, struggling most of the season but putting in a champions style performance from end of Feb onwards demonstrating the squad and management team are 'premiership ready', inconsistent league form but a cracking cup run and the whiff of Wembley. Of course we might always do better than 16th..........or worse.

Yes completely agree with that. I would have gladly swapped last season's 6th place which in the end only gave us a humilating Sunday in Derby for a midtable finish playing more adventurous football with more goals scored and conceded.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Still two weeks, we have a good loan and hopefully more good news soon - half full or half empty?

Still full like it has been for decades but it's these new fans that Barber wants to keep and add which will desert in their numbers which I find worrying as we need them.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When I heard the chant off 'You're grounds too big for you' yesterday, I hoped that we never drop into a seasonal relegation fight. We may find ourselves on the receiving end.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree - that 7% drop was on the back of finishing 6th. What will the drop be like on the back of finishing 16th?

Up to 50% of season ticket holders would be my guess, excluding 1901 who will still be tied in for another year. Never underestimate the fickleness of Albion fans. There are too many other things to spend money on in the area for a sizeable proportion of Albion fans to put up with crap football and a lowly placing in the league. Being called JCLs and fair weather fans will not make them renew either.

The stadium is big enough now for fans to pick and choose when they want to go, there will always be seats available unless we are in the top three or four and playing good football. Fans don't need season tickets anymore unless they want a specific seat or unless they want to go with another season ticket holder.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I never had a season ticket at the Goldstone ground because of the large outlay at the beginning of the season. I know pay on the gate was so much easier then, but with the new ticket windows being built into the Amex, print at home tickets and collections, I can see a lot more fans picking and choosing games rather than having season tickets.
Let's see if attendances differ rather than sales of season tickets.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When I heard the chant off 'You're grounds too big for you' yesterday, I hoped that we never drop into a seasonal relegation fight. We may find ourselves on the receiving end.

I wonder how full the Amex would be on Saturday if we hadn't won at home since October, the situation Birmingham were in yesterday

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
From what i saw of Parrish on MOTD this morning it seems he and Tony are peas in a pod. They've both saved their respective clubs and have every right to watch the pennies. So if Tonywants to pocket the Leo £8m and wait for the proceeds of the training ground then good luck to him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here