Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worrying stat on Football League Show ( Apologies if fixtures)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We are gaining new fans every season but we will lose some STH for different reasons if we have good cup or league runs it will help. We lost several years of fans during the hard times but the club working hard in the community and we have great facilities however the club will need to make it easier for fans to buy tickets especially for the fans who don't live locally. Brighton have a fascistic catchment area for fans.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A JCL to me is someone who's supported another team and have only recently started following the Albion because we have the Amex and played attractive football.

Or maybe the fifteen / twenty thousand 'JCLs' we've got at the Amex haven't instantly converted from supporting Chelski, ManU or whoever - maybe they have been Albion fans for a long time; there just wasn't room to get them in at Withdean. Besides, there are, and always have been, fans who are not be at the ground for every match for one reason or another - they are still fans, though.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
What is there to explain? High earning players who cant play the system SH wants are being sold and cheaper players who can play it are being brought in. We win on 2 counts , we meet FFP and have the players playing as SH wants. Quite simple really.

By Christmas we shall know if it is the correct approach.

Funniest post I've ever read on here!!

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Or maybe the fifteen / twenty thousand 'JCLs' we've got at the Amex haven't instantly converted from supporting Chelski, ManU or whoever - maybe they have been Albion fans for a long time; there just wasn't room to get them in at Withdean. Besides, there are, and always have been, fans who are not be at the ground for every match for one reason or another - they are still fans, though.

I have no doubt we had more than 7000 fans during the Withdean era but surely no one believes we had 27,000 fans during that time.. I personally know of 2 people who supported other clubs who have a season ticket at the Amex, one of which has now converted to Albion.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I guess you've hit upon some huge bugbears of mine, while it would appear that I hold you to a higher standard, which isn't fair.

'Back in the good old days' bar occasional spikes, which we all remember, it actually wasn't that good.
I bet you a lot of money back in the day we all stood around moaning that it wasn't as good then as it was 'back in the good old days'.
For every Steve Foster and Michael Robinson there's 5 Ashley Neal's and Mike Trusson's

Tony Bloom isn't responsible for inflation, and he isn't making you sit in your seat, eat your pie and drink your beer.
If you don't want to pay it then don't.
Pie and a pint have now gone from my Saturday routine, programmes went last year.
The club has no divine right to 'give' me food and drink.
If others like yourself are still prepared/aqble to pay, through gritted teeth, then c'est la vie.

Nobody looked up at a half finished Sistine Chapel and said 'Oi Mike as you haven't finished just artex over what you've done and we'll end it now, oh and they're not even touching'.
We're very lucky, we actually have a hard date set by the chairman on which he can be judged.

Why is it so difficult to wait until the job is finished and all the facts (that we're ever going to get) are available before becoming a monger of doom.

The point that I'm pussy footing around (again out of respect), but on reflection I'm just going to come right out and say is:-

I can't help but wonder if you'd be making such negative little digs if you still had the ear of the clubs top table.

Stat Brother in hindsight Mike Trusson actually did a job (of sorts)

Hopefully my PM cleared up any other concerns you may have had.

Harty

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stat Brother in hindsight Mike Trusson actually did a job (of sorts)

Hopefully my PM cleared up any other concerns you may have had.

Harty
All good.

He was no Robinson, Byrne, Small, I'm even going to throw a Nogan in there.
Unless Trusson's actual job was to loop the ball tamely into John Lukic's arms, I think you're being a little generous. :lol:

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
I

Sorry dont follow that comment. What do you disagree with?

Don't mean to be rude but the idea we are selling high earning players has absolutely f*** all to do with them not being able to play Hyppias way as nearly all of the players who have left since last August either left before he was appointed, had come to the end of their contract/ loan period or, in the cases of LU and WB, were sold at prices that couldn't be refused! Ironically of all we actually agreed the £13k a week Ward wanted before he turned us over to go to Burnley.
So I'm afraid your point is complete tosh!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't mean to be rude but the idea we are selling high earning players has absolutely f*** all to do with them not being able to play Hyppias way as nearly all of the players who have left since last August either left before he was appointed, had come to the end of their contract/ loan period or, in the cases of LU and WB, were sold at prices that couldn't be refused! Ironically of all we actually agreed the £13k a week Ward wanted before he turned us over to go to Burnley.
So I'm afraid your point is complete tosh!![/QUOTE
I
The system that Hyppia wants is totally different to that employed by Gus and to a lesser extent Oscar and the players that they bought obviously are not best suited to the new system so the obvious answer is change the players for ones who can. The fees offered for LU and WB was a bonus. Hyppia has said how disappointed he was with WB attitude towards playing for us.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
So I'm afraid your point is complete tosh!![/QUOTE
I
The system that Hyppia wants is totally different to that employed by Gus and to a lesser extent Oscar and the players that they bought obviously are not best suited to the new system so the obvious answer is change the players for ones who can. The fees offered for LU and WB was a bonus. Hyppia has said how disappointed he was with WB attitude towards playing for us.

All of the players who have left would have gone anyway whoever was the manager so it has nothing to do with changing the system - THAT is just a coincidence!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here