Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla Signs

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder who the best free Albion signing was, say, who played 50+ games.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Oooh i'm thrilled now. I imagine that some of our spare cash went on a considerable signing on fee, but with of course a big old wedge left over. If he took a bit of convincing to come along for an adventure with us, i have a bit of faith again in our powers of persuasion. I want to have that belief reborn more mightily in me now. Bring on the next few games and the new faces making us a threat again to all but ourselves.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I wonder who the best free Albion signing was, say, who played 50+ games.

Bridcutt was alright for nothing.

Thanks to Werner and Bozza for the insight. This sounds like a response to the Clayton disappointment. This seems like a positive move. JFC and Agustein are not going to dominate midfields in the championship, so adding more experience can only be good. Lets hope that by the end of the season we are considering Middlesbrough as mugs for paying for someone when there was someone better available for nothing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

sully.jpg

?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If you're a pro footballer at that level and are not with a club you don't sit around eating pies........ expect he's hit the gym NEARLY as hard as his new team-mates. Doubt will be fitness just has to get match sharp again (though expect he'll have been doing ball drills with some club or a coach etc.)

Heard his name but never seen play, fingers crossed we now have a good mix of CMs and when all are fit we can ditch Agustein as not a fan and can also rest the younger guys like Ince and JFC. Use them often but backing up the starters and rotating in, not having all the pressure to lead placed upon them

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
My only worry is that people moving from the Dutch league to English football tends to be either a massive hit or a complete flop.

For every Luis Suarez there's a Mateja Kežman. Hopefully Holla can shine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My only worry is that people moving from the Dutch league to English football tends to be either a massive hit or a complete flop.

For every Luis Suarez there's a Kemy Augstien. Hopefully Holla can shine.

No need to thank me!!

Judging by the 'Dutch Perspective' article, Danny is here to take Kemy's job.

Last edited:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'd say players transfered from Holland do fairly decent. Jaap Stam, RVP, RVN, Ron Vlaar even Park Ji-sung. The Eredivisie is a competitive league and I'm sure there are bargains to be had, let's hope that Holla is a huge sucess for us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd say players transfered from Holland do fairly decent. Jaap Stam, RVP, RVN, Ron Vlaar even Park Ji-sung. The Eredivisie is a competitive league and I'm sure there are bargains to be had, let's hope that Holla is a huge sucess for us.

This. At least let's given him a chance eh ? Holla, plus Porto Joe look like a significant strengthening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here