Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla Signs

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You're beyond retarded, I can only think you're on a wind up now. Firstly, Kuszczak wasn't on far more than £20k, he was on LESS than £20k basic. You admit Poyet spent a hell of a lot of money (£12-£14m in the CHAMPIONSHIP) and he still didn't get us promoted! And now you're using it as a justification to criticise the current transfer negotiations? Surely it should be the other way round: Poyet spent loads of money and didn't get promoted, so spending less will achieve the same target at a lower cost.

Finally, it seems you have an obsession with transfer value. If this guy cost £2m you wouldn't say, "I haven't heard of him, he must be shit". You'd say, "I haven't heard of him, but he cost £2m so he must be ****ing quality". In no other walk of life is it a disappointment to get something at a lower value. You wouldn't buy a house for £200,000 but then be pissed off you weren't able to pay £400,000. Your whole approach stinks of a 13 year old child who hasn't the first clue about finance or football dealings.

If this guy is rubbish, why does it matter? He was free, and we still have the £10,000,000 left to buy a decent striker (the position which costs the most amount of money to replace).

PMSL... £10m to spend on a striker..do you still believe in Santa Claus as well.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Will reserve judgement.
The German article hints at good things.
We all know players in the English leagues are generally transfered at inflated prices, so its hardly a surprise we are looking to Europe. We also have a relatively good record of doing that in recent years.

We still need much more though.

You may as well give up. So far in this thread, we've heard criticism of the Holla signing because:

-he's "a Dutch second division player" (firstly, he's not, and secondly, the poster who said that would have been sat here with a semi if we'd signed Adam Clayton who was and still is a second division player)

-the Dutch league must be crap because only a few teams win it (wait- exactly like La Liga and the Premier League, you mean?)

-he's available in late August on a free transfer (like...oh hey...Tomasz Kuszczak? Yep, he's really shit).

-the piece de resistance from Kev comes with his assertion that decent players available on frees can afford to wait it out and be choosy about their preferred option, yet, as far as Holla is concerned, it MUST be because he's shit.

Overall, a quite amazingly poor series of arguments here that really are making the posters in question look pretty dim.

For my money: I know nothing of Holla. But he's not going to cost much, so he's hardly a gamble for the club, and it leaves us plenty of cash- we'd like to think- for some bigger signings in the next week or so. Clearly somebody thinks he can do a job, and for no fee, it's a no-lose deal for us. If he works hard, can pass the ball, win the ball, and chip in with a goal or two, then that already puts him ahead of one or two others (I wouldn't say Ince or JFC have started the season at all well).

Give the guy a break: I don't know why but I've got a good feeling for this one. Surely a bargain signing who goes on to surprise a few people is a positive thing?

Don't forget writing off Nzuzi. He may have been injured, but has failed to start a game !

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Holla, last season, 26 appearances, out of 34 League, three goals, three assists, and seven bookings. Reads very much like the standard defensive midfielder. Futball says his speeds and skills are comparable to Clayton and Bridcutt. Right footed.

Seems like a very sensible acquisition in the circumstances for a position of defensive midfielder that was not filled with enough experience.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Holla, last season, 26 appearances, out of 34 League, three goals, three assists, and seven bookings. Reads very much like the standard defensive midfielder. Futball says his speeds and skills are comparable to Clayton and Bridcutt. Right footed.

Seems like a very sensible acquisition in the circumstances for a position of defensive midfielder that was not filled with enough experience.

He was club captain at den Haag as well ....,

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just a thought, but could he have come in so Ince can revert to centre back, as he was at Chelsea? It would mean, with the addition of a lb, our defence is sorted

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Just a thought, but could he have come in so Ince can revert to centre back, as he was at Chelsea? It would mean, with the addition of a lb, our defence is sorted

I thought exactly this only this afternoon whilst dropping the kids at the pool. It would make sense, we could do with another centre back and having 3 defensively minded players (although I understand Sexy Danny might be a little more creative) and especially signing a third when we all know we need a left back and a striker (before anything else)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's the same sad foot in mouth brigade that got a semi moaning about Teixera. Turns out he's a great prospect.

As for Holla, why the **** are you moaning about him.

Please please **** off. I hope I am I'm earshot of any of this drivel at the Amex. I can't wait.

Out of interest, what would you do ?

richboy1

Aug 14, 2012
All this second division nonsense has seemingly been put to bed, but even if he a player from a second tier, didn't we sign Ulloa from a second division club and make a fortune?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

It is difficult. Player will have a bit of nous &/or experience to choose and execute the right pass forwards. Got to be better than current.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I saw we'd made a 2nd signing in a few days and had to go and have a lay down to get over the shock, I can't pass comment on whether it's a good signing or not as I don't know anything about him but he's here and he's ours and as with all our players when he's in the stripes he'll get my support.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Holla at me

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I saw we'd made a 2nd signing in a few days and had to go and have a lay down to get over the shock, I can't pass comment on whether it's a good signing or not as I don't know anything about him but he's here and he's ours and as with all our players when he's in the stripes he'll get my support.

What about when he's playing in the orange shirt?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here