Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla Signs

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
We got Kuszczak on a free two years ago. Was he a penny pinching cheap option?

Really,,TK had played 60 odd times for the Twice Champions of Europe, hardly a comparison. And there is no such thing as a FREE transfer. It's all lumped on the signing on fee ad the wages....and for what it's worth TK was on a fortune, far more than we would have had to pay, say Billy Sharp for example. But those be the changing times..Could anyone seriously see us signing the likes of TK, Vicente, Bridge, even Dobbie(talking about his wage, not his abilty), Orlandi....in the current climate. I reckon Poyet easily spent over £12-14m in transfer fees alone while he was here....That's when the club had ONE AMBITION. Sadly Poyet blew a fuse and it's been penny pinching ever since.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I tend to follow the Liverpool system and tend to think what Brighton players are (or could be) the Liverpool equivalents. Stephens the equivalent of Henderson? I had Buckley to play the Sturridge role (so I am very annoyed he was sold) and Lualua to play the Suarez role. Don't need an Ulloa for the Liverpool system.

I still like four at the back although the World Cup showed if the two full backs step up in unison they can catch the opposition offside.

Brighton against QPR showed we can even play balls to avoid Barton at the base of the diamond. Need a wide man though.

Lualua to play the Suarez role ???

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
I'm happy with this signing. Buying known names on ridiculous wages haven't got us promoted so I like the club stance on buying these kind of players.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Really,,TK had played 60 odd times for the Twice Champions of Europe, hardly a comparison. And there is no such thing as a FREE transfer. It's all lumped on the signing on fee ad the wages....and for what it's worth TK was on a fortune, far more than we would have had to pay, say Billy Sharp for example. But those be the changing times..Could anyone seriously see us signing the likes of TK, Vicente, Bridge, even Dobbie(talking about his wage, not his abilty), Orlandi....in the current climate. I reckon Poyet easily spent over £12-14m in transfer fees alone while he was here....That's when the club had ONE AMBITION. Sadly Poyet blew a fuse and it's been penny pinching ever since.

If there's not such thing as a free transfer then how come you've labelled Holla as a penny pinching cheap option? Make up your mind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really,,TK had played 60 odd times for the Twice Champions of Europe, hardly a comparison.
But according to you he is now bargain basement rubbish.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If there's not such thing as a free transfer then how come you've labelled Holla as a penny pinching cheap option? Make up your mind.

Errrrrr because of the wage he is probably on, compared to what we would have had to pay Clayton and signing on fees etc. Surely this doesn't really need explaining???

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Errrrrr because of the wage he is probably on, compared to what we would have had to pay Clayton and signing on fees etc. Surely this doesn't really need explaining???

You haven't got a clue what we are paying him or even that we went after Clayton. The club didn't confirm that we made a bid for him.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
But according to you he is now bargain basement rubbish.

1. He is probably looking for to much dough and holding out till end of window.
2. That's what tends to happen when you caught with your pants down, i'm afraid. You have to be careful the sort of characters you are bringing into a club.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You haven't got a clue what we are paying him or even that we went after Clayton. The club didn't confirm that we made a bid for him.

Ok,,,,whatever. So everyone else from national radio, to sky sports, to the local press(both here and there), to Bozza and talksport all got it wrong, just because the club didn't confirm it??? Jesus, the club tell us nothing as it is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1. He is probably looking for to much dough and holding out till end of window.
2. That's what tends to happen when you caught with your pants down, i'm afraid. You have to be careful the sort of characters you are bringing into a club.
Don't bother with innuendo.

So he's a bargain basement player who can command top dollar.

I'm confused.

Is every player now available rubbish, like you said.
Or
Champions of Europe quality and able to earn big money, like you said.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Don't bother with innuendo.

So he's a bargain basement player who can command top dollar.

I'm confused.

Is every player now available rubbish, like you said.
Or
Champions of Europe quality and able to earn big money, like you said.

Top players(which he clearly believes he is) can afford to wait around for the right offer. I doubt he is skint. Someone in the championship or even prem will pick him up before Sept 1st...If not come back to me.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Im assuming that the club have a transfer kitty of, for example £12m, to spend in the next few weeks. If we have just recruited a penny pinching, bargain basement freebie player, surely we then still have £12m to spend on a LB, Striker and Winger? If we had signed Clayton, we would have approx £9m left in the kitty for those 3 positions, not a lot really. There was no point signing a star name player for midfield when, as others have rightly mentioned, we are quite well stocked in that dept. Rather we keep the kitty full for the important positions that need filling.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Im assuming that the club have a transfer kitty of, for example £12m, to spend in the next few weeks. If we have just recruited a penny pinching, bargain basement freebie player, surely we then still have £12m to spend on a LB, Striker and Winger? If we had signed Clayton, we would have approx £9m left in the kitty for those 3 positions, not a lot really. There was no point signing a star name player for midfield when, as others have rightly mentioned, we are quite well stocked in that dept. Rather we keep the kitty full for the important positions that need filling.

At least half of the £12m will be used towards this seasons FFP.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
All I can think while reading about him is "This s**t is banana's B-A-N-A-N-A-S"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here