Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Crawley better than The Albion?

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
Serious question. Went to the Broadfield Stadium pre season to watch the Crawley/BHA match.
We were second best for most of the match & if it wasn't for a Lua Lua wonder strike would have lost. Okay it was only a friendly, however, even pre season we witnessed an Albion team deficient in so many areas.

Since then Crawley played two league games & won both. And they beat Ipswich in the cup.

For a club that survives on 1/6 of our revenue at best, there scouting system & achievements are head and shoulders over us, even if there are facilities are a joke.

Has the difference in class on the field between the two sides ever been so close?
I honestly don't think so.

Could Crawley be, or ever be the Number one football club in Sussex?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Serious question. Went to the Broadfield Stadium pre season to watch the Crawley/BHA match.
We were second best for most of the match & if it wasn't for a Lua Lua wonder strike would have lost. Okay it was only a friendly, however, even pre season we witnessed an Albion team deficient in so many areas.

Since then Crawley played two league games & won both. And they beat Ipswich in the cup.

For a club that survives on 1/6 of our revenue at best, there scouting system & achievements are head and shoulders over us, even if there are facilities are a joke.

Has the difference in class on the field between the two sides ever been so close?
I honestly don't think so.

Could Crawley be, or ever be the Number one football club in Sussex?

Things are not great at the moment I agree, but this thread is embarrassing.:wanker:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
if they could get 28k in their ground they would be
how much have they spent on players?
are they keeping within the FFP rules?

No. Look at their side - only 2 or 3 would be in ours (as under strength as it is!).

Do you know the Crawley players? Haven't a clue about any of them, but is the difference between the top of league 1 & the bottom of the championship significant?

Crawley have done what we have failed too - beaten a championship side. Maybe in the cup, but would our rabble have beaten Ipswich?

As much as it pains me - I think if the sides met today they would win.

Hopefully, the gap can widen again ...

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I know some of the posters have been a little bit flakey lately and have been itching for an argument recently but did you really have to put a link for an anti dandruff shampoo in your post? :rolleyes:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
serious question
No, not really.

No, Crawley really aren't better.
And no, that's not a serious question...

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Who?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yeovil, Doncaster, Barnsley among others do on a regular basis.

I think the financial gap (parachute payments) and standard of player is a larger gap.

In most cases yes, but not as far as Bournemouth is concerned. Built properly in league one, came up as a team, and have continued as a team. With only 12k gates they have got stronger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here