Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This team will go down as it stands. Some people need to wake up.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Look at our squad. Just look. We need reinforcements badly. Not loans or kids who have hardly kicked a ball.

We have raked in millions by selling all our best players.. Spend some money on PROVEN PLAYERS.

Can't argue with that.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
To all the clowns writing we need 3/4 quality players by the end of August, you seem to have missed the boat. All the quality players have been signed to other clubs already. We will bring in Lita/Obika/Rodriguez calibre rubbish, as that is ALL that is left out there...

They will be a cut above what we get

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
If I remember correctly, we started last season this poorly. Brighton managed to turn that season around. At least we can take solace from that!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Perhaps in 4 or 5 years we'll see some Academy products coming through. Which division will we be in then? We need to strengthen now! 5 or 6 quality players are needed & they'd need time to bed in. With the dealings in the transfer window so far, I'm not confident. We've spent months waiting for new quality whilst our experienced and creative players depart.

If this is a transition, it is happening too quickly and is imbalanced, with the obvious outcome for all to see on the pitch. Football is a confidence game and performances and results need to improve before morale and belief seep away.

Where have Boro got their money from for example? Certainly not from match day revenue or final league placing in comparison to us? This could have all been avoided.

Most pessimistic since the Hinshelwood 12 game losing run.

that could be under threat with our current squad

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
But what kind of imbecile, lets half the squad leave before replacements are signed?

Look at Huds and Clayton, they were not letting him go anywhere until they had their replacement coming in.

We sell everyone worth a bean and then simply hope we can find replacements whilst we're getting beat and left behind.

Its either amateur hour or we're that desperate to get money in, we'd gamble our whole season on it.

Not sure Hudds is best example given their start. Think about it: if every club needed replacements before letting someone go, there would be no transfers. TB must be playing poker with the transfer market: wait until deadline day in the expectation that wage and fee demands mitigate. That appears to be part of the problem between Puils and Steve Parrish who has made clear he wants to leave signings until window in expectation of better VFM. I have no idea whether this works in practice, plenty of arguments against it like it is only the dross left, but maybe that's why the Lizard got to where he is.

Don't get me wrong: based on two games to date if we have CMS, COG and Fenelon as strike force on 1 Sept I shall write off my £50pm season ticket. I just don't believe TB will let that happen.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is that what it has come to with our fans a manager just needs to stand up to avoid criticism. Every manager has their own style and he has already said he is not someone who will be parading about waving his hands about.

Surely it is important though to show you have a vague interest in the game ?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I don't think we'll go down, but I also don't think this manager will last too long.
I think he might do a Pulis before his rep' is beyond repair.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I don't think we'll go down, but I also don't think this manager will last too long.

Depends what was promised when he accepted the job offer, what we don't want or need is another manager leaving at the end of the season

Jan 30, 2008
Might be a good idea to drop down a league , might get rid of these plastic fantastics mate:hilton:
regards
DR

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is he blindfolded in his seat then? How do you know he is not vaguely interested?

I am probably old fashioned but I like to see my manager on the touchline, encouraging the team, giving instructions, giving it large to the opposition bench and going mental when we score. I am old school though.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I am probably old fashioned but I like to see my manager on the touchline, encouraging the team, giving instructions, giving it large to the opposition bench and going mental when we score. I am old school though.

u2udyte5.jpg

7e4e2y2u.jpg

Carry on

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Depends what was promised when he accepted the job offer, what we don't want or need is another manager leaving at the end of the season

He'll go long before the end of the season I reckon. Maybe before the end of October the way things are going.
In an ideal world he'll settle on a formula that he & the players are happy with, grind out a couple of wins & grow some confidence, of course with the addition of a couple of new faces.

I won't hold my breath though!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
u2udyte5.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/17/7e4e2y2u.jpg[/IMGtood

Carry on[/QUOTE]

So Sami stood up for a while today. Those at the game have commented he sat on his seat for 95% of the game. Thank Heavens for good old Nathan.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here