Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else get nuisance calls offering to fix the problems with your Windows computer?

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Four calls this week from gentlemen :wanker: offering to sort out the problems with my Windows computer. Does anyone else get these?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
During my last contact with these aliens I suggested the nice gentleman inserted his keyboard sideways into his back passage.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
001002...I've had them recently but ignored the call. I love Caller Display :)

I had a new landline installed a couple of weeks ago, after not having one for ages, and with a new number. Imagine my disquiet when the three numbers that have called me since installation are all marketing/scam merchants ??? Does my provider put my number out to them, or do they have a bot that picks up new numbers? Annoying...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Really have fun with these and make a new story up each time they call, ranging from trying to understand which of my windows need double glazing to challenging them to say which version of windows they think I have, how they know I have acomputer, or asking them where they are calling from and getting them to tell me about the town.
My mother, who is 80 odd, just listens and then tells them they are liars as she doesn't have a computer!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Got one yesterday and said to the guy "I know you're lying to me and trying to scam me, so why are you doing this?" He didn't hang up, but went very quiet, so I carried on and on at him, "why are you doing this? You do know it's illegal don't you? Do you like trying to scam and con people? Are you happy in your life doing this? I went on for a couple of minutes asking him to answer. Eventually he hung up though.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I had great fun with one of them a while ago. Eventually I told him that an error message had come up on my computer, asked if he wanted to know what it was, then read the imaginary, explicit ridden, script in my loudest voice. He didn't stay on the line to hear the whole message. ..

The next one that calls will hear me asking them to talk dirty until I Inform them that I thought they were a return call from my favourite sex chat line.

Last edited:

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I had a word with one of them put the phone down and he had the cheek to ring back and complain!!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Never ever had one. But then again it's left on answerphone, we never pick the phone up until we know who it is.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
A relative had a call and she let them have access to her computer. She then had a call from her bank as they had tried to transfer £60000 out of her account.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I keep getting a calls from someone asking if Sarah Smith lives here. Pisses me off as it has been going on for years

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here