Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Naylor Tweet

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Not paddy then

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11413387.Albion_trialist_in_injury_setback/

Albion trialist Paddy McCourt's hopes of securing a deal have been hit by injury.

The 30-year-old former Barnsley playmaker has been training with the Seagulls this week.

He watched Tuesday night's Capital One Cup win against Cheltenham at the Amex, then featured in a friendly for the under 21s at Southend the following day.

McCourt's involvement in the match was curtailed and he does not have much time left to prove he is worth taking on.

Boss Sami Hyypia told The Argus: "He's going to be here a few more days and then we will make a decision.

"He played (at Southend) but unfortunately he twisted his ankle a little bit, so he didn't play as much as I would have wanted."

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just out of interest and I mean no disrespect but why does nsc write news articles now?

Good question, that I'm happy to try and answer...

1. I'd become very frustrated with the website of the Argus, the main outlet for independent Albion news. The site is ugly, would often auto-play video ads and contains the very worst forms of web advertising like that picture of a woman who looks like a foot and says "You won't believe these people exist!" and stuff. It's a horrible experience. I figured if I hated it, other would too.

2. The content whilst undoubtedly, well-written, is quite bland and not fan-centric at all. This match report - http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?140-Albion-2-0-Cheltenham-Capital-One-Cup-Round-1 - has had tremendous feedback, it captured the evening perfectly but you'd never see it in a newspaper, including The Argus. They couldn't get away with it.

3. There are some really decent Albion writers who are tucked away on low-trafficed sites - they deserve more eyeballs. NSC has a lot of traffic so should open up their excellent work to the wider audience it deserves.

What I've put together so far is not the finished article. It's quite ugly, particularly on mobile platforms, but it's a start. If I didn't start a the beginning of this season, then I probably would have waited another year, so I've just dived in with it.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] keeping us in suspense ! Come on Bozza tell us the position please !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here