Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buckley - Another undisclosed fee

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Own up. Who is it that has turned this forum into an elaborate practical joke at my expense?

The reasons for the undisclosed fees have been discussed at length in the past and appear to be good business practice from my perspective.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
FFS.

No, it isn't. Its about keeping other clubs in the dark about the size of our transfer pot.

So do all the other clubs not read newspapers or watch sky sports then? As they are all reporting £2.5m.

Maybe we say 'undisclosed' and then pretend that it was only really £500k when we try to buy someone on the cheap! - might work...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
What is it about us and undisclosed fees? Is it all about keeping the paying "customers" in the dark?
Ok, let's say that that's exactly why transfer fees are reported as undisclosed, what practical benefit would that provide for the club?

Keeping the fans in the dark doesn't count as an answer either, I'm wondering what that action itself would achieve.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So do all the other clubs not read newspapers or watch sky sports then? As they are all reporting £2.5m.

Maybe we say 'undisclosed' and then pretend that it was only really £500k when we try to buy someone on the cheap! - might work...

£2.5m is presumably the figure leaked from the Sunderland end. I'd imagine that there are clauses and add-ons attached on top of that, which mean that its impossible to guage right now what the eventual fee will be. At some point soon, someone from our end will probably leak a figure of £4m (i.e. the maximum it might rise to).

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well how do all the 'Bedwetters' feel now ? All those that berated David Burke because he was crap in the Transfer Market. He's sold another one... He's feckin wasted here, he needs to get a Secondhand Car Lot.

However in seriousness, quite clearly TB is up to something! Is he building up the capital to bring in some serious players. Or is he just so pizzed off with it all he wants his money back....Christ, I hope it's the former, or there may be beacons all over the Downs again as we burn blue & white clothing and memorabilia....possibly peeps too! :flameboun

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What is it about us and undisclosed fees? Is it all about keeping the paying "customers" in the dark?

Exactly what the **** does it have to do with you?

Good God can some people on here get any more stupid. Why do you think the club would rather not boast to the world about how much money they have when they are negotiating prices to buy players? Can you think of one reason? Go on, have a go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here