Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
How do we know he was brought here under false pretences? Has Sami come out and said that, has he said he's fed up with transfer dealings? He might come across as miserable in interview but that's his personality, even in his first interview he hardly seemed ecstatic about his new job, but I'm sure he was.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
looked really peeved off on player during the after match interview.I think he's been sold a pup by management.
In fairness he has a right to feel let down,best players being transferred,not much incoming and struggling to get a team together.I just hope he doesn't go the same way as the best players and leave.

Which according to our friendly local journo is exactly why Oscar walked. If, and it's a massive if, SH walks during or at the end of this season then alarm bells should start ringing.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I used to cringe sometimes when Gus had a tantrum on the touchline but now would love to see some passion like him, Tanno and Oatway used to bring

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I feel sorry for Sami, seemingly brought here under false pretenses, wouldn't be surprised if he walked by the end of August if the player recruitment shambles isn't sorted, wouldn't blame him either.

And you know this how?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I don't think anyone could ever accuse Tanno of being passionate on the touchline.
All I ever remember him doing was sitting all slouched on his chair looking as miserable as sin.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We've got the welsh tit doing the donkey work on the touch line ...what more do you want,he's obviously analysing things being he's our new manager etc.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Has anyone ever seen Kimi Räikkönen or Mika Häkkinen interviewed?

Finnish people seem to be the most dour nation on the planet so i don't think you can read to much into Sami's interview.

this in bucket loads
many years ago I had a very good friend who was Swedish (he has since gone to the heavens) he spoke exactly like Sami in fact we were slung out of many a club because they thought he was already drunk and it was not until I got to Sweden when I realised they all speak like that

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
I'm surprised at how many people here talk out of their rectums, just because he doesn't scream and jump up and down he's peed off and will walk or a yes man. Do you really think the club would tell a pack of lies to a new manager risking him walking out after a few games. Do we really know what goes on behind closed doors, stop slagging the club off and start getting 100% behind Sami and the team whoever it is that's playing

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I honestly believe the club can not mess up for the third time with another manager wanting to leave the club due to the lack of their targets and the reason why they are taking so long in getting it right this season.

1) Poyet wanted out long before he started making comments about us hitting the ceiling. He was looking for the right time and the right excuse. He engineered the talks with Reading to create a rift and the subsequent failure in the play-offs, when he wasn't focussed, cemented his departure. Beyond the legal dispute, he was then a free agent.
2) Garcia realised pretty early in his tenure how difficult it is managing in the Championship. As the season drew on, he made up his mind it wasn't for him and a move back to the comfort of Israel ( clearly engineered during the season )gave him a quick opportunity to rebuild his cv before the inevitable move back to Spain. Damage limitation.
IMHO both of these individuals made excuses to hide the real reasons for their departures. Poyet had one of the strongest squads in the division and Garcia had the best defensive unit. I don't believe the club messed up. Everyone misses out on targets and makes mistakes but to keep harping on about lack of ambition and support from the board is clearly wrong and it is disrespectful.
Both the last two managers had the tools to do the job. When the pressure was on, they both failed.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
1) Poyet wanted out long before he started making comments about us hitting the ceiling. He was looking for the right time and the right excuse. He engineered the talks with Reading to create a rift and the subsequent failure in the play-offs, when he wasn't focussed, cemented his departure. Beyond the legal dispute, he was then a free agent.
2) Garcia realised pretty early in his tenure how difficult it is managing in the Championship. As the season drew on, he made up his mind it wasn't for him and a move back to the comfort of Israel ( clearly engineered during the season )gave him a quick opportunity to rebuild his cv before the inevitable move back to Spain. Damage limitation.
IMHO both of these individuals made excuses to hide the real reasons for their departures. Poyet had one of the strongest squads in the division and Garcia had the best defensive unit. I don't believe the club messed up. Everyone misses out on targets and makes mistakes but to keep harping on about lack of ambition and support from the board is clearly wrong and it is disrespectful.
Both the last two managers had the tools to do the job. When the pressure was on, they both failed.

Whether I agree or not (and I do agree with a good percentage of this post), I do really enjoy thoughtful posts that present a reasonable alternative view of circumstances. I especially agree with poyet having the tools in his second season in the Champ. That squad should have gone up and been built on.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

At last, a voice of reason amid the extraordinary hysteria.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Which according to our friendly local journo is exactly why Oscar walked. If, and it's a massive if, SH walks during or at the end of this season then alarm bells should start ringing.

For bed-wetters like me, they already are, and are getting louder with every passing week.

I don't reckon Sami will be here by Christmas, and if he walks, I wouldn't blame him.

This summer seems to have been a complete fiasco, and I for one have lost all confidence in the way the football side of things is being (mis)managed.

I certainly don't believe we're suddenly going to sign 4-5 quality players in the next couple of weeks, not least because we don't seem to be an attractive option for many players, in spite of having a great stadium and other infrastructure.

Nothing to do with his body language but he must be worried. His managerial reputation will suffer if he doesn't match Gus and even Oscar's achievements - and the chances of that this season certainly are looking more remote than they were even a few weeks ago

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I don't think he'll think of jumping just yet. He is probably a bit bemused, given the stadium and training ground, that we seem to have so much trouble attracting quality players to the club while simultaneously selling what quality we already have.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
this in bucket loads
many years ago I had a very good friend who was Swedish (he has since gone to the heavens) he spoke exactly like Sami in fact we were slung out of many a club because they thought he was already drunk and it was not until I got to Sweden when I realised they all speak like that

Swedes are usually the complete opposite!

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Sammi is not an experienced manager , he even said himself he needs an older no 2 to learn off ,he got the sack from his last job and the youth coach took over and got them out of trouble.We are not a little club in a ramshackle stadium anymore we are a multimillion pound club and company ,why o why is bloom sticking to the same policy of picking untried inexperienced people to manage us poyet was with us in div 1 and grew with the club into what we are now we are not the same club we were at with dean.Everything seems to be done on the cheap at the moment ,and I for one are sorry to see Buckley go .

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
If several QUALITY players don't join by 1st Sept (strikers, wide-men, a creator and fullbacks), Hyppia should walk. The declining squad handed to Garcia, that itself produced uninspiring, slow and low scoring football, has now lost several of the few remaining decent players and match winners within it, making Hyppia's job almost impossible. Like most managers, he doesn't have a reputation as a great coach and of bringing youth through, and so it is extremely unlikely that Hyppia will be able to turn Agustien, CMS & co into exciting promotion candidates.

Unlike CMS's bank balance, something doesn't stack up ... the missing element must be quality players are to come on; or it will be goodbye to the season and probably Hyppia.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Point 1. Gus talked about a ceiling in the very first season with us. He said he believed in a long haul and would stay until he or the club reached a ceiling. He ended up staying for 3.5 years which is twice as long as the average manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here