Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ched Evans

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
That's your choice, bit like putting your fingers in your ears and going ding a ling a ling! Of course it is a self serving website but they still wouldn't be able to post anything on there that was contrary to what evidence was presented in court as I would suspect they would leave themselves open to a charge of contempt of court and possible libel from the people whose evidence they corrupted. (I'm talking about the key and undisputed fact section, not the various statements which don't really add anything).

They would only put their views across and only facts that benefited Evans.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
The prosecution was about her being to drunk to consent. If she was over the drink drive limit and you had her car keys and she asked for them because she wanted to drive. Would you give them to her? Or would you do the responsible thing and not let her drive. This next appeal can go two ways, they can send it back to the appeal court to look at it again, or it would go to a retrial. At the moment public opinion is very much against Evans, would not be surprised if this went back,that it would be dragged out for another few years.

I think you need to answer the question that I have asked...that was the point of asking it...

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
There is a lot of unanswered questions on Evans website.
Macdonald text him to say he had a girl at the hotel. Evans was on his way to a police station because one of his friends was arrested over an incident in town. Now Evan told the taxi driver to divert to the hotel.

When he arrived, he told the taxi driver to wait and his brother and a friend stayed in the taxi.

Evans then went and got a key from the porter. Why? He knew his friend had a girl, so why was he going to sneak into the room? Most people would have gone and knocked on the door surely, that's a strange thing to do.

Next Evans starts giving the girl oral and then moves on to having sex. Macdonald leaves the room and goes to speak to the night porter and asks him to look out for the girl, why?

Meanwhile the two get out of the taxi and head to the window of the exact room, how did they know the room number? Evans had only booked it in advance and had not checked in, so would not have been given a room number,

They film and then Evans finishes and goes out by the fire exit and meets Macdonald outside and they go off, why did he go out by a different exit? And how did Macdonald know he had left to meet him outside, as Macdonald was talking to the night porter at reception and never went back to the room.

I would like to know who gave the two men in the car the room number.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They would only put their views across and only facts that benefited Evans.

Read it and draw your own conclusions then.

Edit, Just seen your latest post so you have read it. By the way, I agree that it does raise questions about Evans but it also raises questions about other aspects as well.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Has Malky signed him for Wigan yet?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think you need to answer the question that I have asked...that was the point of asking it...

But it's pointless, the point about rape is that a woman can be in any state of arousal and at any point before penetration and say NO and that means no, the same would go for being drunk, the point of the case is that whatever she was doing or saying, she was not in a fit state to give consent. Man have to learn to take responsibility. I have seen the video and read the evidence and for people on here to say that she was not in a vulnerable position that night, is laughable. She may well be a women who sleeps around and throws herself at men and she well have on other nights drunk much more then she did on that night. She could be your worst nightmare, but at the end of the day she was drunk and vulnerable and needed looking after and that did not happen. I am a father of two girls and would not be happy if that happened to any of mine. My eldest daughter and her friends like to give it large and flirt and lose their inhibitions when they have been drinking, all I am saying on the matter is that a true gentlemen/ human being would have been more concerned about her welfare and if they or she wanted to have sex, then why not wait until the morning when she had sobered up and she could have made an informed choice. The room was booked for the night, what was the hurry.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
She may well be a women who sleeps around and throws herself at men and she well have on other nights drunk much more then she did on that night. She could be your worst nightmare, but at the end of the day she was drunk and vulnerable and needed looking after and that did not happen. I am a father of two girls and would not be happy if that happened to any of mine. My eldest daughter and her friends like to give it large and flirt and lose their inhibitions when they have been drinking, all I am saying on the matter is that a true gentlemen/ human being would have been more concerned about her welfare and if they or she wanted to have sex, then why not wait until the morning when she had sobered up and she could have made an informed choice.

Oh please, so any girl who has had a couple of drinks is off limits to any man who has also had a couple of drinks on the basis that she might not want to sleep with him when sober? Sorry but that's just not how it works.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Read it and draw your own conclusions then.

Edit, Just seen your latest post so you have read it. By the way, I agree that it does raise questions about Evans but it also raises questions about other aspects as well.

I have read the website and some of the court transcript, you put up some good points and I would not be surprised to see him win an appeal at some stage. However for me and a lot of other people, there is no smoke without fire. By that I mean I believe that both man had every intention of picking up a girl/girls and for one reason only. By getting a girl who was drunk/ or had drunk a lot, they have left them self open to trouble. I suspect that they had no idea about the law and consent around drinking and in hindsight, that could have made a difference to the decision making that night. That's the trouble I have, I think they knew she had a little to much to drink and took advantage of that situation, because maybe the drink and loosened her inhibitions. We will never know, it's been good debating with you, but for my own sanity I am going to bow out and look forward to the football again.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Oh please, so any girl who has had a couple of drinks is off limits to any man who has also had a couple of drinks on the basis that she might not want to sleep with him when sober? Sorry but that's just not how it works.

Why not ask Chad Evans, nobody is saying a few drinks and this case is not about a few drinks. But as you ask, yes men do have to take responsibility. There are girls who go out under the age of 16, a man chooses to sleep with her because she makes out she is 18
Who is responsible, ignorance is not a defence in law

Also if you need to sleep with a women when she is drunk, that says more about you then me.

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why not ask Chad Evans, nobody is saying a few drinks and this case is not about a few drinks. But as you ask, yes men do have to take responsibility. There are girls who go out under the age of 16, a man chooses to sleep with her because she makes out she is 18
Who is responsible, ignorance is not a defence in law.

Also if you need to sleep with a women when she is drunk, that says more about you then me.

Bloody well should be, both parties need to take responsibility for their actions.

Your points here have absolutely nothing to do with the ins and outs of this case, (in which by the way no one was forcibly raped) but instead seem to be against the youth culture today that yes does involve drinking and being promisucous, your using Ched Evans as an object to flog to show your disregard for people who choose to go out and do these things. Completely different points.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Seriously? You're saying that ignorance should be a defence in law.

PC: Why did you kill that man?
Killer: I didn't know that it was against the law.
PC: OK, well there's no point arresting you then since I won't be able to prove that you did know it was against the law. Let this be a lesson to you, killing someone is against the law. If you kill someone else, you can't now say that you didn't know it was illegal.

Yep, I can see how that system would work. :facepalm:

Or is it only rape that you think that ignorance should be a valid defence?

Unfair, I feel.
[MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] is saying that in the theoretical scenario, of a man being caught sleeping with a girl of 15 (who pretended she was 18), his ignorance of her age (bloody well) should be a defence. Not ignorance of the law, that says how old she needs to be, but of how old she actually is.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Bloody well should be, both parties need to take responsibility for their actions.

Your points here have absolutely nothing to do with the ins and outs of this case, (in which by the way no one was forcibly raped) but instead seem to be against the youth culture today that yes does involve drinking and being promisucous, your using Ched Evans as an object to flog to show your disregard for people who choose to go out and do these things. Completely different points.

I am wrong in thinking that it's in law then. That if a women is drunk that she is unable to give consent.
It's not my view that is wrong or goes against youth culture. Nobody is against young people going out having a few drinks and having consensual sex. Rape is one of the most unreported crimes and its comments like yours who trivilise drinking and sex as part of youth culture. Are you suggesting that the spiking of people's drink and getting them drunk does not happen

So you also think rape is only rape if it's forced.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The prosecution was about her being to drunk to consent. If she was over the drink drive limit and you had her car keys and she asked for them because she wanted to drive. Would you give them to her? Or would you do the responsible thing and not let her drive. This next appeal can go two ways, they can send it back to the appeal court to look at it again, or it would go to a retrial. At the moment public opinion is very much against Evans, would not be surprised if this went back,that it would be dragged out for another few years.

What on earth are you on about? If you were to confiscate the keys of a drunk person, and they demanded them back, then you would be obliged to give them back; it'd be theft otherwise. It is then their responsibility to not use them. The law recognises that a drunk person is still accountable for making that decision to walk home or get a cab instead of driving, not their friends.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Unfair, I feel.

[MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] is saying that in the theoretical scenario, of a man being caught sleeping with a girl of 15 (who pretended she was 18), his ignorance of her age (bloody well) should be a defence. Not ignorance of the law, that says how old she needs to be, but of how old she actually is.

Yep, you're quite right - I misunderstood the point [MENTION=12486]Husty[/MENTION] was making. I've edited my post accordingly.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Someone who is underage is a child, how does that work with responsibility. So are you saying the adult only has to take half the responsibility.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Unfair, I feel.

Why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here