Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
cms-12aug14-ld229-1824569_478x359.jpg

Craig Mackail-Smith
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
09:30 13th August 2014
by James Hilsum
He’s a fantastic player to have in the team and his electric pace changes game."
Craig Mackail-Smith

Craig Mackail-Smith thanked livewire Kazenga LuaLua for playing his part in helping him fully complete his comeback from injury with his first goal since rupturing his Achilles in February 2013.The forward netted Albion’s second goal in stoppage time to see off plucky Cheltenham Town and secure a place in tonight's draw for the second round of the Capital One Cup.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It was frustrating for me because I was making those runs all night, but could not quite latch onto any balls coming through the defence.
“Kaz came on and did really well. He started to drive at the defence and put a perfect ball right where I wanted it, between the centre-halves, leaving me one-on-one with the goalkeeper and it was nice to just tuck it away.
“He’s a fantastic player to have in the team and his electric pace changes game. He causes defenders to panic.

[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

“The balls that he plays are what we as strikers thrive on. Now that we’re setting up a bit differently, hopefully I will get more opportunities to score after making those kind of runs.”The Scotland international now hopes that the victory will give the Seagulls confidence going into two tough away games at Birmingham and Leeds.
“The players feel a bit better now; obviously we were all disappointed not to get three points against Sheffield Wednesday, but we put in a professional performance last night.
“We worked hard as a unit and our defence did superbly to stop them even having a shot, while we were trying to break them down at the other end.
“It’s a big step in the right direction, it gives us a little lift and we take the positives into Saturday.
“The more we play well and the more games we win, the more it breeds confidence. We’ve just got to keep winning games and the boys will then feed on that and push us up the league.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V bolton
[/h]saturday 23rd AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V charlton
[/h]SATURDAY 30th AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v blackpool
[/h]SATURDAY 20TH september, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here