Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A new season warning about your postings

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Patently too expensive. But patently not rubbish. Unless you patently don't like pies.
First couple of seasons they smelt great on the concourses and came in nice little blue Albion boxes. Third season rock solid pastry nowhere near as tasty and served in a paper bag. Forth season not had one yet so no comment but can see the price has risen.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
First couple of seasons they smelt great on the concourses and came in nice little blue Albion boxes. Third season rock solid pastry nowhere near as tasty and served in a paper bag. Forth season not had one yet so no comment but can see the price has risen.

They actually now seem to have sussed that people expect the expensive pie they ordered, decently cooked.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think you are missing the point. You are perfectly entitled to comment that, in your opinion, the club has performed poorly in the transfer window.

If you however post a comment that is defamatory in relation to an individual at the club which could be damaging to their career, then that could be deemed to be libel. You can say that Kemy is overweight, CMS is overpriced, Paul Barber is overpaid, but you cannot accuse them of being a thief, liar, childmolester etc unless you have evidence to back that up.

Extraordinary of course to think of the vast amount of scurrilous muck that's been slung at any level of the club pretty much since NSC began, without ever previously once prompting the need for serious warnings like this one.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wild accusations that clubs X , Y and Z must be money laundering through dodgy sponsorship deals because they only average 15k crowds etc etc :wink:

Easy - ask pointed questions instead of making accusations!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Extraordinary of course to think of the vast amount of scurrilous muck that's been slung at any level of the club pretty much since NSC began, without ever previously once prompting the need for serious warnings like this one.

It's not the first warning.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What I think Bozza is trying to say is if you want to take the piss out of Barber keep it abstract, if you want to criticise Barber then details needed .

What is unacceptable would be critisicm of professional competance, questioning his morality or accusations of criminal actions. All libelous.

"You are useless Barber get out!" Is fine though.

Also posting it once is a joke, twice is harrasment under the malicious communications act.

Just trying to help.:)

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Oh bugger and was just itching to reveal the real reason PIG left and was omitted from the squad for a game at very short notice!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
This thread has been useful in identifying those most likely to transgress, all of whom have now been added to a special list. Thanks all.

My girlfriend doesn't need a thread to tell her when she transgresses. She seems to have some sort of inner eye that tells her. For the life of me I can't tell what sets it off.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's not the first warning.

Haven't there have been warnings issued in the past in response to specific legal threats coming in? Can't remember a blanket "watch what you say you lot" one before.

Just as a passing general observation - I've seen this at places I've worked before, for example - if a body of people are demonstrably unhappy about something, you have two choices: either try and deal with whatever it is that they're unhappy about, or - generally rather slyly - clamp down on the means by which they express their unhappiness. Just sayin', as they say over here.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Haven't there have been warnings issued in the past in response to specific legal threats coming in? Can't remember a blanket "watch what you say you lot" one before.

Just as a passing general observation - I've seen this at places I've worked before, for example - if a body of people are demonstrably unhappy about something, you have two choices: either try and deal with whatever it is that they're unhappy about, or - generally rather slyly - clamp down on the means by which they express their unhappiness. Just sayin', as they say over here.

In the fire service any rumblings of discontent were typically greeted with an invitation to step into the office and a sharp reminder of the service's unwritten maxim, FIFO

Fit In or Fvck Off

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Surely saying some a mate told them that..... Or my mate saw so and so....... is all part of speculation, no different to what the papers do...

I understand your situation Bozza, but (allegedly) even the internet is getting like North Korea (allegedly) (allegedly) speaking.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Is Belloti coming back along eith Archer I could understand this then, some of the thing stated must ring true I suppose so a shot acrossvthe bough so to speak

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
People in certain positions take these positions on with little doubt about the type of comments that they will receive as a result.
They either learn to live with it, or find an occupation more suited.
I will always agree that constructive criticism, or differing opinions should be argued civilly, but name calling is neither of these and people who resort to this should be banned for doing so.
Not because of their opinion, but by how it is expressed.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
It is merely being suggested that if you are making claims in a public domain, that a NAMED employee has acted in a specific illegal / immoral / negligent manner, that you need to be very sure of your facts.

Negligent? I had to consult a dictionary (I'm a Pole, living in Poland, so mine is necessarily a rather confined experience of the English language), and it says "negligent - failing to take proper care over something" ...

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/negligent

... so, we cannot claim on a football forum that an employee of a football club (a player, an administrative employee etc.) has been negligent in his duties? So people can actually be sued for saying "Mr X, get your finger out and ..." or "Mr X should finally start doing his job and ..." because it suggests negligence?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Negligent? I had to consult a dictionary (I'm a Pole, living in Poland, so mine is necessarily a rather confined experience of the English language), and it says "negligent - failing to take proper care over something" ...

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/negligent

... so, we cannot claim on a football forum that an employee of a football club (a player, an administrative employee etc.) has been negligent in his duties? So people can actually be sued for saying "Mr X, get your finger out and ..." or "Mr X should finally start doing his job and ..." because it suggests negligence?

Your English is better than many - if not most - others on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here