10665162_10153221900592417_542118449710205088_n.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 99

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
no wonder he has that silly smirk
he is shafting us all

You've got to credit the daily mail

While other mainstream right ist papers have started to show points of criticism of the Conservatives ( telegraph regarding housing association right to buy and times publicly stating that labour were not the cause of the financial meltdown) the mail stands alone in continuing to blow smoke up the tory arses. I wonder why?

Please note I've excluded the sun from this as I think right ist is a massive understatement.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I really don't know which way this is going to go but I'm fearing the worst. Already sorted out living abroad next year. If Labour win I'll return after a year of leaving them to clear up DC's mess, if Tory boys win I'll stay away. In case you're interested.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This might give heart to the Tories on here:

http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2015/04/more-conservative-labour-marginals/#more-11278

It looks at 10 Lab-Con marginals, and reports 5 Con, 3 Lab, 2 tied.
But it shouldn't give that much heart to the Tories, or to the Tories on here, because this is from those "low down the list" of the marginals. In other words, it considers those marginals that are least tight. The marginals in Ashcroft's polls continue to present difficulties for the Tories, and it's here that the election will be won or lost.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] seems to think that because the Tories are ahead with the bookies, then they'll win. Well Betfair are predicting that the Lib Dems will end up with 54 -- 54! -- seats. It also predicts that the SNP will end up with 8. I think this just about sums up relying on the bookies latest odds for predicting the election result. See:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/gen...pril-9-Who-will-win-the-General-Election.html

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I really don't know which way this is going to go but I'm fearing the worst. Already sorted out living abroad next year. If Labour win I'll return after a year of leaving them to clear up DC's mess, if Tory boys win I'll stay away. In case you're interested.

Not really interested, but you seem to be doing rather well under this government if you can up sticks and move abroad at the drop of a hat AND travel round the world! Good on ya.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just had the Tory PPC leaflet for Brighton Pavilion through my door. The first three points are all about council issues: does Clarence Mitchell know what an MP does? It's not exactly a great recommendation that a prospective MP is confused about the difference between local and national politics.

He also goes on about the Brighton Hippodrome and how the Greens have done little to save it. As he's so keen to talk about local politics perhaps he could explain what the Tory councils (who have been in power for approximately 32 of the 48 years since the Hippodrome closed) have done.

Certainly looks like the Tories have given up on the constituency if that's the quality of the candidate. They had a decent one standing last time round but she had the handicap of the HB&& support

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Just had the Tory PPC leaflet for Brighton Pavilion through my door. The first three points are all about council issues: does Clarence Mitchell know what an MP does? It's not exactly a great recommendation that a prospective MP is confused about the difference between local and national politics.

He also goes on about the Brighton Hippodrome and how the Greens have done little to save it. As he's so keen to talk about local politics perhaps he could explain what the Tory councils (who have been in power for approximately 32 of the 48 years since the Hippodrome closed) have done.

Certainly looks like the Tories have given up on the constituency if that's the quality of the candidate. They had a decent one standing last time round but she had the handicap of the HB&& support

read on here somewhere that the tories in Brighton are going to vote Labour to try and keep the greens out

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not really interested, but you seem to be doing rather well under this government if you can up sticks and move abroad at the drop of a hat AND travel round the world! Good on ya.

I've done alright despite the Tory's. A single man with no kids, as I am, does not do well under a Tory Britain, the money does not go far at all. However take that money out into the world as the quality of life becomes immeasurably improved .

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
read on here somewhere that the tories in Brighton are going to vote Labour to try and keep the greens out

I've travelled a bit around Brighton in the last few weeks: I've seen lots of Green window stickers, quite a few Labour ones, the odd UKIP poster but not one single Tory sticker - not even in Hove or around Patcham. Pavilion was a target seat for them at the last election (and it was a Tory council too) - it seems a strange area to abandon

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Interesting article in the Private Eye today about the Non Dom tax status of certain newspaper owners who are the main cheerleaders for the Tories, shurely this can't be connected ? Also an article on the Mail and Sun's headlines after the leaders debate which said how poorly Miliband did, trouble is the papers were printed at 730pm long before the debates started.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
C'mon even the bluest tinted specs can see that the increase in personal allowance benefits all taxpayers especially those that are paid in tax efficient ways.

of course it is a benefit to all taxpayers. therefore it cant be seen as an selfish policy as everyone will benefit. as they will from the childcare. and even the RTB benefits non-tory toffs (even if its a poor policy). in fact the whole premise stated was logically flawed, its quite possible to act in your own interests unselfishly, because you believe others will also benefit too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It doesn't cost much to fly one way with Easyjet. In fact may I suggest you look into this asca bit of foreign travel might broaden your outlook.

Downlander

Apr 14, 2011
OK I'll bite.

He'll probably be the most qualified chancellor ever.

First class economics degree at Oxford finishing miles ahead of Cameron who was in the same year

Lead economics writer for the Financial Times for many years

He has forgotten more on economics than Osborne has ever learnt with his 2 1 in modern history and never a proper job in his life apart from bag carrying for Tory MPs

What you mean to say is, you don't like the image the Tory press has painted of him as a bluff northern bellend. But you do know that's got nothing to do with his ACTUAL qualifications for the job, right?

Then why did Millie appoint the likeable postman as his first choice shadow chancellor?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here