Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

D

Deleted member 22389

Labour seem to be doing very well in London but nowhere else, that is the truth.
They need to sort it out. Labour are offering nothing different whoever is in charge. I'll go with UKIP again.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
How anybody can vote for any of the top 3 is beyond me. I cant think of any option other than to spoil my paper over voting for any of those corrupt career politician scumbags.

Last edited:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
And why would anyone want Ed Milliband as leader of this country ?
The UK never had a political class in this country until the last 20 years - people went into politics because they wanted to make a change and not as a career choice.
What, apart from the colour of their rosettes, is the difference between Milliband and Cameron ? None whatsoever

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The UK never had a political class in this country until the last 20 years - people went into politics because they wanted to make a change and not as a career choice.

Bit too rose-tinted, there.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
You do realise that a projection based on the latest opinion poll indicates a 32 seat majority for Labour with a 7 point lead ?

Absolutely - in fact thought it was more than that. My point is that 7 point lead now is historically unlikely to be a 7 point lead next May. The political landscape is a lot more confused and uncertain than it used to be, but generally this is the case.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know which trend I'd want to be mine...

Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 10.16.04.png

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So more than the one the Greens have now or post the election ? It is the one place, where a UKIP vote really counts for something, so it is rational that people who support the UKIP agenda should vote for them, will this play out though ? There is every chance people will focus back on the main parties, especially if the result looks close.

I certainly don't think UKIP will get anything like the percentage they go at the Euros, but I do think they will make a breakthrough of sorts, particularly with the working class disenchantment with Labour.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And why would anyone want Ed Milliband as leader of this country ?
What, apart from the colour of their rosettes, is the difference between Milliband and Cameron ? None whatsoever

One went to a comprehensive school the son of Polish Jewish immigrants with modest means, the other son of a stockbroker with a lineage to King William IV who went to Eton. Apart from the rosettes though….

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ed Milliband leading this great nation? Ha ha ha ha.

Precisely this, wrong brother in charge thanks to the disproportionate power of the unions. I think Labour are quite capable of imploding in the run up to the election and when push comes to shove who, other than their most blinkered supporters, would trust them to run the country again? As for the Tories, they're doing a good job on the economy but in pretty much every other respect they're a disaster. And the other parties ........? So all in all a pretty grim outlook.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the issue between now and next May is wether or not, with an upturning economy, Labour can convince enough people to let them "have a go" rather than stick with Tories. Balls is very weak on economy and Miliband doesn't even appeal to his own camp. If he ditches Balls and comes up with a range of solid policies, rather than piecemeal, populist bandwagon jumping, Miliband might be in with a shout of being the largest party. but after these years of nothing, i don't believe he is capable of that, so wont.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There's an awful lot of people that have had little or no pay rises in the last few years (Mrs H's wages have gone up by two quid a week in 4 years) and when they hear about we t the economy they think "well it hasn't got better for me". Couple this with constant stories of the people at the top getting big pay rises and people feel that "We're all in it together" is a bit disingenuous.

What we will see (hopefully) is the Lib Dem's wiped out in most of their seats as they stood, in the south, as the alternative to the Tories (whereas in the North they stand as anti-Labour) and people voted for them yet still got Cameron as PM. Couple that with the pledge not to increase tuition fees that they subsequently went back on and a lot of people feel they cannot be trusted.

D

Deleted member 22389

I certainly don't think UKIP will get anything like the percentage they go at the Euros, but I do think they will make a breakthrough of sorts, particularly with the working class disenchantment with Labour.

Labours heartland has always been the North, UKIP are going to de well up there. I think UKIP are going to do well down here as well.

We had political correspondants asking the question time and time again, why are Labour doing so well in London? If they don't know the answer to that what are they doing in the job, or are they too politically correct to tell the truth.

Labour are doing well in London because I should a think a large percentage of the votes came from the people that they allowed in under Labour.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Like it or not, the Tories (I'm not counting the lib dems in this) have had a mammoth task to undo labour's mess and are making real progress. People will recognise that

I'm sure the millions struggling on minimum wages whilst the rich get tax breaks and the unemployed youth will notice this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Labour and Liberals are just as ideologically opposed on many issues, just different ones to Tory/Liberal. thats why they didn't like the idea of getting into bed with Labour 4 years ago.

Have you figured out the difference between wifi and software yet?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
We need to get these nasty Tories out. But what is the alternative....it will be more of the same but in a different political colour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here