Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
But not with the online polls, stop clutching at straws

The problem with these opinion polls is that either online , by telephone or face to face you can come up with three different results as the respondents taking part might not be completely honest with their answers which throws up rogue polls here and there.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
You're going to vote for a man that tried to kill our club ? One that used lies in his attempts to do so ? That belongs to the same party that ran LDC and that Bellotti belonged to ?

All polititians do things we agree with and things we disagree with...Norman has helped many local people I know... I`m old enough to remember our previous MP Tim Rathbone..A very typical old fashioned Tory....Useless localy unless you happened to be important..

Downlander

Apr 14, 2011
Miliband and Hollande - same policies - same outcome. Be warned!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32114520

French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said the French people "have declared... their anger at a daily life that is too difficult". He vowed to redouble efforts to boost the economy, and said his focus was "jobs, jobs, jobs".

See - there's no easy fix!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The problem with these opinion polls is that either online , by telephone or face to face you can come up with three different results as the respondents taking part might not be completely honest with their answers which throws up rogue polls here and there.

There are ways and means to take this into account. It's not an exact science but you can apply a lot of science to the estimation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Irrespective of his politics, Graham Cox is everything I would like my MP to be. I wish there were more people like him in parliament.

Doesn't the "Hove born and bred" bit put you right off?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who strangely is one of two candidates who haven't bothered to respond to a question I asked them all. The other being the Loon Hawtree.

Ah, so it was you who crayoned the question about the EU :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There are ways and means to take this into account. It's not an exact science but you can apply a lot of science to the estimation.

Hence the disclaimer the poll figures could be out by 3% either way :lol:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
But the audience weren't laughing at Cameron because they thought the idea of him being a firm leader was ludicrous.

I'm not a Tory voter but by Christ this is no time to have a buffoon like a Red Ed in charge, especially with the antics of Putin in Europe and the fallout following a possible EU Referendum. Cameron's had 5 years of this, he's experienced, Ed would be so far out of his depth it would be dangerous.

This is the way forward.

Forget your 'first past the post' and 'proportional representation' electoral systems.

Lets have a 'you can only be Prime Minister if youve done it before for 5 years' system!

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
This is the way forward.

Forget your 'first past the post' and 'proportional representation' electoral systems.

Lets have a 'you can only be Prime Minister if youve done it before for 5 years' system!

I think he was just giving his opinion, not suggesting a new voting system.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This is the way forward.

Or maybe, as Gordon Brown (remember him??) so convincingly put it, "This is no time for a novice"!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here