Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Who cleaned the floors or your ward? Who made and delivered the food to your bedside? Who wheeled you on a trolley to the operating theatre? Who manned the little shop selling flowers, sweets and magazines? (OK, I'll let you off that last one, they were probably unpaid volunteers).

You really are one heartless idiot. As they always say about the nasty party, you know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. Shame on you.

The cleaners, the caterers and the porters all of whom I came into contact were a cheery lot. You judge who I vote for, your very judgemental arn't you, with what evidence, one small phrase. I wouldn't vote for any on offer, you trust one politician over another, one public school boy over another, your very niaive, they're all in it for personal gain, you have no idea of what I stand for, but at least I make my own mind up and don't rely on suited mouthpieces who just repeat what they're told. Think for yourself my friend, think outside of what is promulgated on television and through the papers, your life would be much happier and you wouldn't waste your time being resebtful of others.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I did and they were the most happy of the lot, this is not a political thing for me, its a human approach, i'm not interested in your pseudo interest in left v right, labour v tory I have my own view of the world

I think that't obvious! A lot of people are probably not interested in your view but, funnily enough, you chose to share it on a forum!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Greens aren't too happy after a YouGov poll puts them ahead of the LibDems but the BBC still refuses to recognise them as a plausible political party when it comes to any televised debates leading up to GE2015.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very real, the last thing you want when going into the operating theatre is some idiot whingeing about themselves, the guy should have been more professional. He's there to nurse patients, not preach to them.

This nurse could have done us all a favour. I agree, he is a bit of an idiot.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Polls in Scotland suggest Labour could end up with just 4 seats in the next election! Not so sure Milliband is heading to no 10[emoji12]

Mr Milibland may have to explore the possibility of getting into bed with the SNP :lol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not really worth it. SNP mps don't vote on English matters so wouldn't be able to get any English legislation through.

erm, might change a bit if they had a sniff of a few government portfolios. the Scottish polling is staggering change of fourtune and if it carries through to May we oculd have 5 substantial parties in Westminister. strange times.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Haywards Heath still has maternity and A & E (but not for major trauma, ie road accidents etc).

What you're saying about Brown probably applied to Blair as well and almost certainly a host of Prime Ministers going back centuries.

Didnt they have a huge fight with goverment to keep HH maternity open?? Didnt realise they had won my apologies

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's hard to think of a leader of major party in recent political history quite so inept and unappealing as Ed Milliband.

Brown was aloof, arrogant, and simply couldn't 'get' that people have material aspirations that centre around themselves and their families first and foremost.
John Major was written off but proved himself to be winner - once at least.
Kinnock was a serial loser, but nobody could doubt his passion and conviction.
Hague was ten years too early.
Howard was just plain weird but carried a degree of gravitas. Duncan Smith, likewise.

But Milliband is just a complete car crash. With a half-decent leader, Labour would be assured of a shoe-in; but such is Milliband's ineptitude, Cameron may just get to carry on. Amazing.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
It's hard to think of a leader of major party in recent political history quite so inept and unappealing as Ed Milliband.

Brown was aloof, arrogant, and simply couldn't 'get' that people have material aspirations that centre around themselves and their families first and foremost.
Howard was just plain weird but carried a degree of gravitas. Duncan Smith, likewise.

But Milliband is just a complete car crash. With a half-decent leader, Labour would be assured of a shoe-in; but such is Milliband's ineptitude, Cameron may just get to carry on. Amazing.
Close to Ed Milliband....Michael Foot...he of the Donkey Jacket.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Is £40k the going rate for what a strawberry farmer earns? I very much suspect not. If you changed it so that the farmer is earning £100k then that puts a very different slant on the morality of paying a living wage. Also, it's a strawberry farm so are those 10 workers seasonal?

Why would I change it to £100K? Is that the "going rate" for strawberry farmers in your world. If so, why are so many farmers selling off land to pay off farming losses when they can simply plant some strawberries and rake in the cash?

Stumpy Tim

Being generous to Duncan-Smith... he was utter toilet - worse than Milliband in my opinion. Not that I like Milliband

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
What exactly is so bad about Miliband? Is it because he looks funny? I think he is a better leader than Kinnock and Duncan Smith. I mean Cameron only got in with a bit of luck and he turned out to be ok.

What exactly is so bad about Miliband? Is it because he looks funny? I think he is a better leader than Kinnock and Duncan Smith. I mean Cameron only got in with a bit of luck and he turned out to be ok.

But he didnt get in. Spoon-faced Cameron couldn't beat one of the most unpopular uncharismatic Labour leaders in history, was only the Lib Dem rats that got him in. The truth is Tory vote is in long term decline and they have next to no chance of getting a majority this time either, hence why they are rushing Boris into parliament

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
But he didnt get in. Spoon-faced Cameron couldn't beat one of the most unpopular uncharismatic Labour leaders in history, was only the Lib Dem rats that got him in. The truth is Tory vote is in long term decline and they have next to no chance of getting a majority this time either, hence why they are rushing Boris into parliament
I know, that's why I said a bit of luck. But what I really mean is when Cameron became leader there was no way I believed he would ever be PM. But now he is and he isn't completely terrible. The same could be said of Ed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here