Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Not long to go now people - 7 point lead for Labour

You do wonder, in reality, how many people there are struggling to make ends meet while living comfortably in a £2m property. That said, far better to go after those greedy *******s who have a spare box room in their council flat right? Bloody scroungers.

Dull

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Today's YouGov/Sun poll: CON 31% LAB 31% LD 8% UKIP 17% GRN 6%

Does it say the wording of the question people were asked?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
After losing 2 bye-elections to UKIP and having a torrid time in Europe with his net inward migration promises in tatters Cameron must be thanking his lucky stars he's still level with Labour.

I was impressed with Chuka Umunna on QT last night, it's just a question of when, not if, he becomes Labour leader. He's not ready yet but maybe in 5 years time.

The interesting thing about the graph is that the Lib Dems have bottomed out and are back up after a decent couple of weeks, can they continue to recover?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was impressed with Chuka Umunna on QT last night, it's just a question of when, not if, he becomes Labour leader. He's not ready yet but maybe in 5 years time.
I have to agree with this. He's just the sort of leader who'd make them appear electable again. Measured, presentable, intelligent and centre-left, politically.

It's such a pity we have such shocking leaders at the moment. Chuka Umunna v David Davies v Danny Alexander would be far more palatable than the crock of shit we're lumbered with.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I think the one thing that the polls show is that the Conservatives cannot possibly win an outright majority (£50 to REMF if I'm wrong). I know I am a Conservative myself, but it is clear that Cameron just has not connected with the British people. For all the derision she got (and continues to get) on here (and being on the Christian Democrat/One Nation wing of the party myself I was never her greatest fan), Maggie Thatcher connected in a way that Cameron just hasn't done - presumably a large proportion of UKIP's support is disaffected Conservatives of that kind.

One thing though; this poll is equally grim for Labour, though of course with our skewed constituency boundaries they can still win with only 35% of the vote. Why, with all the austerity we've seen, is the total left wing vote not far higher? It is only 45% if you add on Lib Dems and Greens to Labour's share and presumably a good number of the remaining 8% of Lib Dems are more likely to be of the Clegg/Norman Lamb rather than Baker/Cable type.

Chuka Umunna was impressive, though to be fair, Gove didn't come across badly either; perhaps he has mellowed somewhat in his new role. I started watching Question Time, but got so bored with the constant immigration debate; really I am getting thoroughly fed up with it, that I turned off.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
After losing 2 bye-elections to UKIP and having a torrid time in Europe with his net inward migration promises in tatters Cameron must be thanking his lucky stars he's still level with Labour.

The interesting thing about the graph is that the Lib Dems have bottomed out and are back up after a decent couple of weeks, can they continue to recover?

I have to agree with this. He's just the sort of leader who'd make them appear electable again. Measured, presentable, intelligent and centre-left, politically.

It's such a pity we have such shocking leaders at the moment. Chuka Umunna v David Davies v Danny Alexander would be far more palatable than the crock of shit we're lumbered with.

Doubly agreed, Chuka would be an entirely electable leader of the Labour party. He dodged a couple of questions last night and, as a UKIP supporter, I wasn't happy with a couple of his answers suggesting UKIP are racist, but he'd probably get my vote if I was inclined to vote Labour.

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Doubly agreed, Chuka would be an entirely electable leader of the Labour party. He dodged a couple of questions last night and, as a UKIP supporter, I wasn't happy with a couple of his answers suggesting UKIP are racist, but he'd probably get my vote if I was inclined to vote Labour.

Perfect choice as next Labour leader. Private school educated to compete with Dave

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It doesn't matter who is in charge. Black Friday reaffirmed that we want more for less. No-one can provide that.

We're a consumer driven society and big businesses will thrive on that. It's labelled as a race to the top, but it's really a race to the bottom.

Yay. Property prices are doing well. That means there is a lot of scope to profiteer. Every recovery of the economy seems to be house/flat led. Amazing, if one has a property or another one (or however how many) to make some cash. Booms tend to ignore a large proportion of society.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Latest poll predicts HUGE Labour majority
National opinion (Populus):
LAB-37%
CON-32%
UKIP-14%
LDEM-9%

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why, with all the austerity we've seen, is the total left wing vote not far higher? It is only 45% if you add on Lib Dems and Greens to Labour's share and presumably a good number of the remaining 8% of Lib Dems are more likely to be of the Clegg/Norman Lamb rather than Baker/Cable type..

I assume that this is a poll of likely voters, and my gut feeling tell me that the unlikely voters skew to the left. Not necessarily to Labour, many to a left-wing party that doesn't exist, I'm sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here