Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
....and meanwhile back in the real world...

we will see
either way if they do get together one or both of them will be lying, but then we all that is so anyway

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm off nights Thursday. Vote on the way home. Big kip. Go to a political junkie friend and pull an all nighter. Thoroughly looking forward to it...

...which is odd because staying up is pretty much pointless given that the actual outcome will require days or even weeks of negotiation. Or another election.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
they won't
if dave caves in and does not have a referendum his own people will stab him in the back.and if he insists he will have one Clegg will stab him in the back and throw his lot in with Ed.
either way his own party will shaft him and they will end up with that baffoon Boris...........good luck with that one

Clegg has said he isn't against a referendum on EU membership, so no reason there to not enter another coalition. Other policies might, but not that one

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I shall bathe around 10 and then slip into my yellow and purple striped pyjamas before settling down with coffee and single malt.
It must be BBC coverage for me.

I presume that the Lib Dems have decided by now which of the two main parties they will bless with the power to make a government. Since SNP and UKIP MPs will be discounted in the calculations, as will Sinn Fein, my guess is that a Labour - Lib Dem government is already in the bag and there is little point in even counting the votes, other than to find out which high profile politicians have lost their seats.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Clegg has said he isn't against a referendum on EU membership, so no reason there to not enter another coalition. Other policies might, but not that one

he clearly said the other day NO REFERENDUM
and I am hearing now just on the radio that Labour and the lib Dems are already talking, so Europe will not be an issue

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
I love a good election night and have stupidly booked myself on a 12hr flight from 4am Friday morning to 4pm Friday afternoon... assuming i'll miss all the good stuff and land at Heathrow to see the results!

I presume that the Lib Dems have decided by now which of the two main parties they will bless with the power to make a government. Since SNP and UKIP MPs will be discounted in the calculations, as will Sinn Fein, my guess is that a Labour - Lib Dem government is already in the bag and there is little point in even counting the votes, other than to find out which high profile politicians have lost their seats.

... and BBC News is now reporting that senior Labour politicians have decided to go for a Labour - Lib Dem minority coalition.

Game over.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Planning on being awake all night for it. I love all of the overnight political stuff - Our's, the American version and even by-elections. I watched the Scottish Independence one the night before I went into hospital last year, and I think that my glazed eyes and incoherancy due to lack of sleep may have been one of the reasons they admitted me!!!!

I'm going to be seeing it in with several pot's of coffee, and some sort sort of cake bite mulitbuy box jobbies they do in Tesco. I remember the election when I was at uni (2001?!?!) where I stayed up all night with a box of pro plus and a half gram of speed, then went and played Tighthead prop for my uni the following day. Doubt I could cope with the effects of that now.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
he clearly said the other day NO REFERENDUM
and I am hearing now just on the radio that Labour and the lib Dems are already talking, so Europe will not be an issue
He also said that he would reduce tuition fees and promptly trebled them,he told the Tories that if they backed the Alternative vote referendum he would back them on boundary changes..got his referendum and then reneged on his promise...Cleggy will sell his soul to be in power.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
He also said that he would reduce tuition fees and promptly trebled them,he told the Tories that if they backed the Alternative vote referendum he would back them on boundary changes..got his referendum and then reneged on his promise...Cleggy will sell his soul to be in power.

He said he would support boundary changes ifbhe got support for a referendum and house of Lords reform...
He didn't get the latter

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I don't disagree, but if it means getting Ed to no10 thats OK by me
cue Albion 1972 thumbs down ....................join why don't you

Flex Your Head

The Independent has today backed another 5 years of Con/Lib coalition.

Not surprising when you consider the are owned by a Russian non-dom. It's worth reading the comments from their outraged and deeply disenchanted readers underneath the main article; very possibly the death knell for the Indy.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wow. Real surprise. The Independent have come out in favour of Conservstive Liberal coalition. Theyve called it right

Not really considering the newspaper is owned by the Russian billionaire who also owns the London Standard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here