Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Philip Davies, Conservative MP for Shipley and veteran Eurosceptic backbencher, has written this exclusive article for Get Britain Out:.
EU fanatics constantly tell people that 3 million British jobs depend on EU membership. This is disgraceful and inaccurate scaremongering which we must nail – otherwise it may prove to be very effective. Many British jobs depend on trade with the EU, but nobody is advocating an end to free trade.

Since we joined the Common Market in 1973, Britain has handed well over £250bn in membership fees alone, and in that time we have run up a balance of trade DEFICIT with the EU amounting to over £300bn. Given we buy far more from the EU than they buy from us, does anybody seriously think they would stop trading freely with us? Does anybody really think that BMW and Mercedes would allow the UK market to be restricted from their car sales?
These same EU fanatics said the British economy would be decimated if we didn’t join the Euro, so their ridiculous scaremongering has already been exposed once and we mustn’t allow them to get away with it again.
http://getbritainout.org/philip-dav...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

No. But the UK would have to strike a deal with the EU. So the UK would move from a trade agreement where it currently has input to a trade agreement with the EU rules handed down ie regulation without any representation.......which is surely not what you want?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
L

When I think about the labour party I think about uncontrolled borders all over again.

Yes, then we end up with more of this scenario .
Three quarters of GPs want to charge foreigners for appointments, figures show.

They say too many migrants and tourists are abusing the NHS, which is already under immense pressure
A survey of 515 GPs by Pulse magazine found that 77 per cent were in favour of ‘upfront’ charges for foreign patients.

One, Dr Zishan Syed, a GP in Maidstone, Kent, said: ‘It is a sad reality but there is abuse of the NHS by foreign visitors.

‘It is only fair that they pay upfront if they are not entitled to free care on the NHS.
Another Dr Niall Finegan, a GP in Salford, Greater Manchester pointed out that British patients don’t get free care abroad there is no reason the NHS should pay for foreigners.
Dr Kailash Chand, Deputy Chair of the British Medical Association, which represents doctors said: ‘Quite a significant majority of GPs for as long as I have known have supported charging foreign visitors for NHS care.

‘They see this as one of the solutions for the demand. It is understandable.

‘But I think they are mistaken. I believe in universal health care. If they bring in these charges, where do you stop? This will be counterproductive.’

D

Deleted member 22389

They say too many migrants and tourists are abusing the NHS, which is already under immense pressure
A survey of 515 GPs by Pulse magazine found that 77 per cent were in favour of ‘upfront’ charges for foreign patients.

One, Dr Zishan Syed, a GP in Maidstone, Kent, said: ‘It is a sad reality but there is abuse of the NHS by foreign visitors.

‘It is only fair that they pay upfront if they are not entitled to free care on the NHS.
Another Dr Niall Finegan, a GP in Salford, Greater Manchester pointed out that British patients don’t get free care abroad there is no reason the NHS should pay for foreigners.
Dr Kailash Chand, Deputy Chair of the British Medical Association, which represents doctors said: ‘Quite a significant majority of GPs for as long as I have known have supported charging foreign visitors for NHS care.

‘But I think they are mistaken. I believe in universal health care. If they bring in these charges, where do you stop? This will be counterproductive.’

Here we have the truth from people who work in the profession. There should be no issue in people paying for the doctor, hospital when people come here to work, until they have paid enough in to the system to warrant free NHS care. One of the draws of this country has always been the quality of our free NHS, free schools and many other services that are not available or don't even exist in other peoples countries.

It's not fair on long standing tax payers who should be forced to wait, be denied treatments, drugs and find a reduced service all because the cost of the NHS has risen due to numbers of extra people that are now using it and the government failing to put more money in.

This is common sense because if we are not careful one day we all might start having to paying like we do with our dentists.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

We should model our NHS on the French model for non-citizens. Last year in France I paid 20 euros to take my son to the doctor. I had no issue with doing this and, if I wanted to do so, I could have then claimed the money back from the NHS ( I didn't bother ). We should charge up front and then EU visitors should claim it back from their insurance or own local health service. Emergency care of course should be free.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Not much said about this but change the party and I would guarantee pages of vitriol against them, so typical
to be quite honest they(and by this I mean all colours,religions,nationalities, gender,and anything else you would like to name) are up to something naughty.
you might like to call me cynical, but if you look into all the dark corners of life its there, they are ripping you off, skimming some off, defrauding you, taking pictures of you or something they should'nt, doing something very nasty to one another or strangers in unusual places.
I am now at my age becoming a little indifferent to it all, politicians all blend into one, no one actually stands out as being honest and straightforward any longer, you cannot trust anyone at their word any longer.
there are two words that should be scrapped from the English dictionary
HONESTY
TRANSPARENCY

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Po-faced, humourless people are more inclined to vote Labour. Sticklers for the rules tend to vote Tory.

Quite right, on a day when as the wonderful Simon Kirby MP (he was at Charlton away) has quietly pointed out the labour candidate for Brighton Kemptown on her Twitter said she went to visit 'Mouslecoomb' not just once but on two separate twitters today (and none of her followers corrected her) eek!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
there are two words that should be scrapped from the English dictionary
HONESTY
TRANSPARENCY

Add in FFP and the three most popular words in Paul Barber BINGO are gone :blush:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Care to explain this a bit? You're alluding to using previous data to adjust current surveys but given the political landscape is vastly different to 2010 I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Eg There are those who respond as 'don't knows' in current surveys but experienced pollsters will know how to reallocate them based on how they voted in past elections. A certain percentage revert back when in the ballot box so previous history is useful.
Eg2 1/3 of those who responded UKIP in Thanet (Farage) poll didn't vote in the last election so his 11% lead there is up for discussion as those that don't turn up to vote are less likely to turn out next time...or are they!? However this pollster has not factored this in so his reliable is it?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I hope you're right about the Tory lead, that aside, using frank carsonesque style jokes this old,and your general demeanour only confirms my view, that you're a val doonican style cardigan wearing cock of quite simply EPIC proportions, and don't even bother with the financial willy waving, I guarantee you'll come unstuck.

Seriatim, so not prepared to back your house (good call) or your 'trading' ability then (surprised), in summary
nb as someone who has had Vince Cable as their key note speaker at a national Credit Conference they chaired, my coming financially 'unstuck' is another bet you should duck

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Seriatim, so not prepared to back your house (good call) or your 'trading' ability then (surprised), in summary
nb as someone who has had Vince Cable as their key note speaker at a national Credit Conference they chaired, my coming financially 'unstuck' is another bet you should duck

You two grammar school boys/city workers are doing wonders for Tory stereotypes. Snouts + trough.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Genuinely I find lefties to be more humorous than those of the right; they do tend to be po-faced though. Tories tend to like the rules, as they're loaded in their favour.

I wouldn't stress too much about it, I only posted it to be mischievous. There was a poll a year or two back that said that left-wingers had a higher IQ which amused, baffled and insulted me in equal measure!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I hear the Greens are getting a new spokesperson a 2yr old so they have a good excuse ready for when they talk total garbage about any policy

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I hear the Greens are getting a new spokesperson a 2yr old so they have a good excuse ready for when they talk total garbage about any policy

Ha. For me they don't need policies, they will not have power. If i was them stick to the basics, ie green stuff and hope for a minor place in a coalition. And keep the leader away from the media .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here