Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why are you not going to the Cheltenham game?

Why are you not going to the Cheltenham game?

• Too expensive

Votes: 18 7.5%
  • Fed up with Albion at the moment

Votes: 49 20.4%
  • I think they will lose

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • It's only Cheltenham

Votes: 19 7.9%
  • It's only the League Cup

Votes: 32 13.3%
  • I'm on holiday

Votes: 17 7.1%
  • I'm doing something else

Votes: 22 9.2%
  • I'm at work

Votes: 31 12.9%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 48 20.0%

• Total voters

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
I hardly missed a game at Withdean but the pain in the **** that is involved with the travel etc on a evening before work, coupled with the fact I am working in Brum for the rest of the week just makes it so much less attractive.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Partly principle because early stage cup games should be part of the season ticket, mostly because it's Cheltenham

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Over the years the club haven't taken the competition too serious and therefore neither have I. Of course when we get a good draw in the next couple of rounds I will be in attendance.

Maybe if I lived closer I would feel different.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
And you have therefore decided its 'only the League Cup' and prioritised the Reading Festival. Not having a go, but lots of us are choosing alternatives to the game, and that means one thing; something else is more important to us this week.

We all earn the right to apply for tickets over course of last few seasons (via points). That is fairest system all round and allows football to come second sometimes, which is healthy.

In a remarkable turn of events I've managed to come across a free ticket and as a mate who's going owes me a couple of pints I can make it to the pub & game without spending a penny so I shall now be there.

I wouldn't have paid to go tonight, but I also wouldn't have paid if it was an F.A Cup game. I've also had to debate going to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday and pull out on a planned trip to Birmingham away because I need to save/raise funds. My post was aimed at people who have no reason for not going, but who simply can't be bothered because it's "only" the League Cup.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Went to Newport last season. However yesterday was my father in law's funeral in Oxford and off to see my family first thing in the morning so now is the only time I have to pack (and arse around on NSC obviously)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If only we'd been drawn away. Whaddon Road ain't far away for me, easy to get to, POTG and cheap as chips! Plus it's a lovely evening here in Gloucestershire!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I would say the one thing the club do care about - or are worried about - is the huge crowds falling away from apathy, disenchantment or anything else.

We don't have the parachute payments. We can get 27,000 every match all season and all the associated spend on merchandise/catering etc but we are having to work very hard to get anywhere near these other clubs that have got relegated on income.

Lose the crowds and we are in trouble financially, so I would say he would care very much.

I think they should care but not entirely sure they care enough to work at or invest in keeping the current levels.

I'm not even sure why I say it but I get the sense that the supporters are way down the priority list at the moment. They know there is a pretty solid core so perhaps they are more concerned about the size of the "floating supporter" or "casual fan" pool. Perhaps they see ST sales remaining buoyant and think "we have them, they've not exactly got anywhere else to go, so we don't need to invest a whole lot in keeping them". I've worked with plenty of hard nosed commercial fella's that have thought exactly that way - albeit they would never admit to it.

I'm out of love with the club at the moment but will always consider myself a pretty loyal supporter regardless .... I guess they know that too

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went on a decent ride yesterday, a short blast today and have an epic ride planned for tomorrow.

Frivolous football would get in the way of my cycling.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I would say the one thing the club do care about - or are worried about - is the huge crowds falling away from apathy, disenchantment or anything else.

We don't have the parachute payments. We can get 27,000 every match all season and all the associated spend on merchandise/catering etc but we are having to work very hard to get anywhere near these other clubs that have got relegated on income.

Lose the crowds and we are in trouble financially, so I would say he would care very much.

But why are Derby and Bournemouth, both without parachute monies, able to play attacking football, score far more goals than us, retain most of their players and attract new players?

Too simple to blame everything on the disparity between clubs with and without PL parachute income.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here