Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood - 1.2million.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
To me, we needed something a little difference. A lump. And we decided to go out and sign CoG. Maybe we should have gone for Wood, but we didn't we signed CoG.

Wood is not even in the same category as Ulloa and certainly not going to be an effective replacement. We need a goal scorer not another 'lump'.

*please note that this is not in anyway me having a go at the signing of CoG. Just differentiating him from other types of centre forward.

Quite right.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What if the Albion became £1.2m + wages short for the target they are actually after.

The club 'not going for him' is only a problem if the club doesn't go for anyone.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
13 goals last season, 14 the season before that. He's only 22. When Ulloa was that age, he was scoring a lot less than that at a lower level.
That's cup goals aswell i presume as he's down as 11 goals in 40 odd appearances last season,hasn't scored more than 11 since his Hamilton days.I agree he's young,but he's quiet a lazy type player.

Will be interested to see how he does next season :)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
and how much did he want a week?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
To me the only true way of valuing a player is looking at his FULL signing on costs, his wages whilst with you and YOUR income from the sale. You then have a price and can look at the less rigid aspects such as goals scored or contribution made, trophies won etc.

Too often you hear, great new we got ???????? on a free, yes but at £25k a week and his been injured for 26 weeks, which just happened to coincide with most of the season!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I love how a player can be elevated to "Championship-beater" status and "the player we need", simply by signing for someone else...

He's decent, but I'm not going to cry over missing out on him. I'm certain there are plenty more fish in the sea.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Firstly how do we know we weren't in for him.

If we were we clearly can't compete with Wolves for fee or wages.

If we weren't in for him, at that price, why the hell not?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Apparently turned down Wolves. Worth us putting in an offer?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
My view is the fee is pretty ordinary because of the wage he is on. I guess he is on something around £20k to £25k a week and that Wolves are not prepared to go near that. Neither in my view should we.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
IMHO COG will turn out better for us than that lump of Wood.

You really haven't got a clue have you.

For his size he is pretty mobile, scored two good goals for Millwall against us a couple of seasons ago I seem to remember. He is still young and developing as a striker but of course he will never be as good as COG. Unbelievable!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Wood is obviously better than COG. He isn't the Ulloa replacement we need though. Had we not signed COG then he would be feasible as the big man option but not at the 20+ grand a week he is on at Leicester. The transfer fee is, in my opinion, much less of an issue as his value is highly unlikely to depreciate significantly across a 3-4 year deal. If I am honest, I am a little surprised that we signed COG but having done so we don't need another player of that sort of level. We need class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here