Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Levels of concern

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
As far as I am concerned the current feeling is one of depression caused by the fact that we have been unable to build a squad ready for the season. This is probably because the board will not pay over the odds for players which we have to understand and support.

The worry is that with the club sticking by FFP we will not be able to bring in the level of players that will give us a team to compete for promotion.

I am starting to believe that the club has something more like a 5 year plan of staying in the championship while building on the academy and using these lower cost additions to get us there.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As far as I am concerned the current feeling is one of depression caused by the fact that we have been unable to build a squad ready for the season. This is probably because the board will not pay over the odds for players which we have to understand and support.

The worry is that with the club sticking by FFP we will not be able to bring in the level of players that will give us a team to compete for promotion.

I am starting to believe that the club has something more like a 5 year plan of staying in the championship while building on the academy and using these lower cost additions to get us there.
I would've thought that players are more expensive to get at the transfer window's end?every club desperate and paying over the odds for average players.The club should've targeted 5 players in June/July and got them...leaving it so late is a handicap :)

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
I would've thought that players are more expensive to get at the transfer window's end?every club desperate and paying over the odds for average players.The club should've targeted 5 players in June/July and got them...leaving it so late is a handicap :)

I quite agree. Hence the depression we hadn't done so earlier and the concern that we won't get the players in.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
On September 11th 2011, we topped the league after 6 games having gained 16 points from the first 18. In 23rd place were Reading who had 4 points having lost 4 of their first 6. Forty games later Reading were champions on 89 points, we finished 10th on 66. Palace the following season had 0 points when the transfer window closed, managed to reach the play offs by the end of it.

The league is a marathon with lots of twists and turns, it isn't won or lost in August.

Seriously stop posting facts and rationale there is no place for it here! PANIC is the only viable option!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Bedwetting fans:

I've heard from a sauce that the management have picked up on this and the club shop will soon be stocking rubber sheets, complete with seagull and nike branding motifs = is this just yet another way of fleecing more dosh from our beleaguered fan base?

An alternative will also be on sale based on a new style of huggies pull-ups with a blue and white striped pattern for the under 18 fans suffering from this shocking and debilitating ailment.

Stock is due in before 30-Aug ..... apparently.

This will be accompanied by a new club song:

We're the wet side
We're the wet side
We're the wet side Brighton boys

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Just to add my thoughts, may as well be here as any other place.

The bedwetter / brown noses as ever mark the extremes, and as is the norm, most people lie somwhere in the middle. I don't think I accept the club on everything, neither do I think they do everything wrong.

I don't believe TBs master plan is to build superb facilities and then not bother with the squad. The summer transfer dealings have not been good, to say the least, we should have more deals settled before now, but I also believe that the club knows fully well that the squad is not complete and have been working hard to get their targets within the financial constraints.

I personally think we will complete some decent signings, but probably not as many as some would like. I suspect (based on nothing but gut feeling) that one signing will be either a "name" which will surprise people, or an overseas player of good quality.

If we don't do something like this it will be dissappointing, and somewhat puzzling. I do think these deals should probably have happened before the season started, but there very well may be good reasons why they weren't

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Not concerned but I can see mid table mediocrity this season. I think our highlight will be a premiership team in the cup

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Not concerned YET. On the fence if you like.

We still have time to add to the squad and we also have 45 games to play this season. If you look at our last few seasons, the last time we won our first game of the season, we finished 10th. Lost our last 2 opening games in a similar style by 1 goal, undeserved too, yet still made the play-offs. We do seriously have work to do, that was evident but hopefully Sami can learn from Saturday and that further additions can be made to the squad. I have faith in TB and Sami to make these changes and its astonishing that people dont have the same faith, as I said, if things havent changed by the beginning of September, then we can start to be concerned/lose faith, but then you have the Palace scenario from the season where they went up. Lost every game in August (which we stupidly mocked whilst top of the league) and then they rocketed up the table, anything can happen.

You simply cannot pass judgement yet, especially on the transfer window which isnt even shut yet. Similarly, its amazing how people can STILL not see how unpredictable the Championship and other teams are. Id compare us with how Burnley were at the beginning of last season. Sold their main striker and had on paper a poor squad, yet still got promoted whilst being frugal, which is also what we seem to be at present. Spending money does not get you what you want.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm a smart fan.

I sleep in nappies.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This will be accompanied by a new club song:

We're the wet side
We're the wet side
We're the wet side Brighton boys

Echoed by We're the dry side
We're the dry side
We're the dry side Brighton boys.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
The truth is that I'm not very concerned at present. Mildly impatient about lack of quality signings though. I'm certain that signings will come. However my concern will grow if those players targeted as replacements turn out to be third/forth choice targets or desperate head count options. My fear is that this maybe the case. Hope I'm wrong.

In addition. We don't need loans as we have our original budget, minus £500k, plus £8m, plus potential £2.5m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here