Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tell me about coving

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
my house is similar to this in that the walls are Artex above the picture rail, and the ceilings are Artex as well, and being built in the 30s the Artex probably has that white asbestos in it. Super health hazard here

We've got white asbestos in the artex ceilings in every room plus in the floor tiles downstairs and as yet not sure what's in the adhesive that holds them down. Luckily as a council tenant we don't have to foot the bill as and when it gets removed :)

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Have you thought about pebble-dashing the exterior walls?

From your pics Bozza. The coving is British Gypsum Bg135. You can go to jewsons and by individual 3 mtr lengths(franklin's will make you pay for whole box). 2 lengths will cost you about a tenner. It looks like it has been put up using a 90 mm mitre box, which you can buy from the coving section at b&Q for 8 quid. Buy a small 5kg bag of gtec coving adhesive from jewsons and you are ready to go. Put the coving up and then patch in the artex with the rest of the cove adhesive and a sponge(as it is cove adhesive you will have to be quick with the artexing).That is the diy lesson for you.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Hmmmm.
22cf71a57911fe172de80ffc1cf11135.jpg

72bd5dd5c578c5314dc6ef028851006b.jpg

You was right to ask for advice you have made a right mess of it right there.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You must be unlucky. In my PG Wodehouse collection they only refer to a decent old cove!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here