Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can we make Falmer louder?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
1. Rail seats.
2. Sack stewards.
3. Cheaper, stronger beer.
4. Try and have a higher percentage of diehard fans. (Clubs like Forrest, Derby and even l**ds have a quite a high percentage of diehard fans who got more into it when they're at their best like going to away days and more singing. I think a 12th man at Falmer is very important)

Discuss.

[EDIT: 2 was a joke. 4 was a stretch but I think they're is some truth to it tbh.]

Move out and give it to a team where the fans are supportive, get behind their team without the self rightous Bullsh*t of needing something from the club first, either on the pitch or any other poor excuse to hide the fact that quite simply, people can't be bothered.

This is Brighton and Hove Albion, people have been supporting them through thick and thin, just because we have a nice ground doesn't mean that we deserve Premier League football, just because we have a nice ground doesn't mean that the club shouldn't try to raise money from fans to help fund the players we can then put out on the pitch.

Just because we have Falmer we shouldn't need the club to provide us with anything in order to make an atmosphere, we should be able to do that and to get behind the team (whoever we have playing for us) because we want to get behind them because whoever is playing for us, it's still Brighton and Hove Albion.

There are too many who look for excuses and ways to be negative about petty little things and it makes you wonder who would either want join us and to play for us or even manage us - It was Sami Hyppia's first game in charge and there are those already writing him off and calling for him to go) and i wonder if TB wonders why he bothered at times when he could have built a crappier, smaller ground in a poorer location (if we were to get permission for it that is) for the same miserable people to moan and complain about

Sometimes i think our fans don't deserve the ground we have, we went through sh*t times in our recent history and now we are far from that but the arogance that we should somehow be a premier League team now and deserve a squad that would guarentee us that, we deserve everything because we have a large crowd but there are clubs in this league with far more resources and that isn't ever taken into consideration by them. If we didn't have Falmer, maybe then this self rightous Bullsh*t would stop and we can get back to supporting our team again and creating an atmosphere and being supportive of our players, not writing them off after (or in some cases before) they have played a single game. It's just pathetic behaviour imo and i just don't get the need for it.

Last edited:

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Too many dont take their seats until bang on 3pm.....Fanzone is wasted.....then again too many leave 10-15mins before half time .........

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Look at most clubs that have decent support. There ground is or has been empty enough to allow all the singers to congregate in 1/2 blocks. The problem I've witnessed around me is, to every 1 singer there are 2 people sat there twiddling their thumbs or checking their phone.. Until we can get a good group of 50/60+ singers all together to start the songs, the atmosphere will continue to be average..

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Look at most clubs that have decent support. There ground is or has been empty enough to allow all the singers to congregate in 1/2 blocks. The problem I've witnessed around me is, to every 1 singer there are 2 people sat there twiddling their thumbs or checking their phone.. Until we can get a good group of 50/60+ singers all together to start the songs, the atmosphere will continue to be average..

Definitely the case. The question is-is there any realistic way of getting this to happen? I suspect not but maybe some of NSCs finest can manage it.

look at most clubs that have decent support. There ground is or has been empty enough to allow all the singers to congregate in 1/2 blocks. The problem i've witnessed around me is, to every 1 singer there are 2 people sat there twiddling their thumbs or checking their phone.. Until we can get a good group of 50/60+ singers all together to start the songs, the atmosphere will continue to be average..

During a meeting prior to the amex opening i did suggest to tb that when the corners were filled in the n/w should become an under 18/singing section,this would have complemented the vocal support already in the north stand,tb didn't get it:facepalm: When the corners did get filled in they fragmented the north stand vocal support,the opportunity to crank up the atmo has now gone:rolleyes:

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
They were their away fans though, innit? We are noisy as fu*k when away :thumbsup:

I'd say some games we are definitely loud. I took a classmate to Barnsley away and he looked at me when we were singing GOSBTS before the match and said 'Brighton fans are well ****ing loud'. Made me proud as. :)

I know, but the original OP is talking about when we are at home.

Yep. No concern for away days for me.

The thing that needs to happen is this.

People need to ****ing sing.

I think you're on to something but we have two big problems. East stand. West stand.

During a meeting prior to the amex opening i did suggest to tb that when the corners were filled in the n/w should become an under 18/singing section,this would have complemented the vocal support already in the north stand,tb didn't get it:facepalm: When the corners did get filled in they fragmented the north stand vocal support,the opportunity to crank up the atmo has now gone:rolleyes:

Need a SWC like movement in the North corners and more people standing and ignoring stewards.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Move out and give it to a team where the fans are supportive, get behind their team without the self rightous Bullsh*t of needing something from the club first, either on the pitch or any other poor excuse to hide the fact that quite simply, people can't be bothered.

This is Brighton and Hove Albion, people have been supporting them through thick and thin, just because we have a nice ground doesn't mean that we deserve Premier League football, just because we have a nice ground doesn't mean that the club shouldn't try to raise money from fans to help fund the players we can then put out on the pitch.

Just because we have Falmer we shouldn't need the club to provide us with anything in order to make an atmosphere, we should be able to do that and to get behind the team (whoever we have playing for us) because we want to get behind them because whoever is playing for us, it's still Brighton and Hove Albion.

There are too many who look for excuses and ways to be negative about petty little things and it makes you wonder who would either want join us and to play for us or even manage us - It was Sami Hyppia's first game in charge and there are those already writing him off and calling for him to go) and i wonder if TB wonders why he bothered at times when he could have built a crappier, smaller ground in a poorer location (if we were to get permission for it that is) for the same miserable people to moan and complain about

Sometimes i think our fans don't deserve the ground we have, we went through sh*t times in our recent history and now we are far from that but the arogance that we should somehow be a premier League team now and deserve a squad that would guarentee us that, we deserve everything because we have a large crowd but there are clubs in this league with far more resources and that isn't ever taken into consideration by them. If we didn't have Falmer, maybe then this self rightous Bullsh*t would stop and we can get back to supporting our team again and creating an atmosphere and being supportive of our players, not writing them off after (or in some cases before) they have played a single game. It's just pathetic behaviour imo and i just don't get the need for it.

Excellent post GF, well done, truly excellent.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

Hear hear!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Well said, far to many Victor Meldrews on here, let's start a campaign that our glass is half full and not half empty.

barnden10

May 11, 2014
There is a lack of singing in the concourse before the game which doesn't help. Been to spurs a few times and they generate a good noise in the ground and this starts in the concourse before hand. But agree we need some more songs. The Ulloa one was always loud

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here