NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're having a field day tonight aren't you :lolol:
Made all the sweeter by knowing/trusting this day will come.

I've got one or two bounces ready to go for Saturday evening, it'll be rude not too.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Question was relevant then, and he's saved it well done Burke .signed 12 players and still bout 10 mill in the bank , good work.

This indeed, whilst I didn't really want to see him sacked but I wanted a change in policy. Glad it has come to work mind you, I'll eat my humble pie and admit I was wrong, the policy was spot on. We've found some adequate replacements and signed some decent players. When was our strikeforce as tasty as the current? COG may not have done well last night, but there was times when CMS looked pony. I think we'll see some interesting partnerships formed in the coming few months, however, I still think we could do with another player with some similarities to Buckley minus cheesestring hamstrings. He played some blinders, I think a player like this that can get wide but also play more narrow when required. I don't think Lua Lua fits that bill, despite him being brilliant at times may not be as effective under Sami as perhaps under Poyet or even Garcia. We need his pace in the last 3rd of the match, mind you.

McCourt could change that, but is he the pacy player we could do with or a technical player? I'm yet to bear witness in person to Hyppia's style. Is pace a matter of necessity in his system or does he favour technically gifted?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Question was relevant then, and he's saved it well done Burke .signed 12 players and still bout 10 mill in the bank , good work.

You're compounding your problems: there is not still about 10 million in the bank. We've bought a whole load of new players (eleven? twelve? I'm losing count). These cost money.
Stop thinking about transfer fees. And start thinking about wages -- it is here that the majority of costs go these days.
I'd imagine that the amount the club (Bloom?) pays on wages this year is higher than the substantially increased sum we paid last year. That's where Ulloa's and Buckley's fees are going.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This indeed, whilst I didn't really want to see him sacked but I wanted a change in policy. Glad it has come to work mind you, I'll eat my humble pie and admit I was wrong, the policy was spot on. We've found some adequate replacements and signed some decent players. When was our strikeforce as tasty as the current? COG may not have done well last night, but there was times when CMS looked pony. I think we'll see some interesting partnerships formed in the coming few months, however, I still think we could do with another player with some similarities to Buckley minus cheesestring hamstrings. He played some blinders, I think a player like this that can get wide but also play more narrow when required. I don't think Lua Lua fits that bill, despite him being brilliant at times may not be as effective under Sami as perhaps under Poyet or even Garcia. We need his pace in the last 3rd of the match, mind you.

McCourt could change that, but is he the pacy player we could do with or a technical player? I'm yet to bear witness in person to Hyppia's style. Is pace a matter of necessity in his system or does he favour technically gifted?

Having seen him at Swindon last night, I'd say that Colunga is that player. He has pace, ran at players and had a bit of quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here