Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Disgraceful

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
This isn't the time or the plaice for this.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sobs on the dials got closed down and hygiene order put on it as it was filthy and didn't have running hot running water (no hand washing, no washing at all in fact) they were allowed to reopen after they solved the issue by ................buying a kettle. I shit you not that was deemed acceptable. The horror, the horror. They did some damn fine pizzas in there though, bogof deals and purple coleslaw I used to love. Still going I think.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is the worst part

They also found old congealed fat and food debris on the underside of chip fryers, old food stuck on the inside of the microwave and a container filled with brown smelly fluid which smelt of sewage.

:sick:

Some NSCers wont like the fact their "sauce" has been revealed :lol:

'Flee'.

Yeah, that.

yeah-that-fits-about-right.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Worst one I've ever been in is a Chinese/chippy on Lewes Road, on that stretch where the storage warehouse place is, sort of opposite Dean Saunders Park View.

I think it's called So So. It's not so so, it's bloody awful. Grubby. And how can anybody make chips taste bad??

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Worst one I've ever been in is a Chinese/chippy on Lewes Road, on that stretch where the storage warehouse place is, sort of opposite Dean Saunders Park View.

I think it's called So So. It's not so so, it's bloody awful. Grubby. And how can anybody make chips taste bad??

Is there anything nice on Lewes Rd

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My ex used to live opposite the Labour Club, in fact a mate of mine is custodian at the Labour club, nice guy, cheap drink but I never felt comfortable in there, The top club is okay though.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
If we didn't have immigrants we wouldn't even have fish and chips to put our deep fried cockroaches in. Fish and chips as a food combination began at the start of the 20th century by Italian immigrants looking for something hot to sell out of their ice cream stands when winter came and killed the market for ice creams.

Nice story but not quite true.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8419026.stm

from the BBC article....

Who first had the bright idea to marry fish with chips remains the subject of fierce controversy and we will probably never know for sure. It is safe to say it was somewhere in England but arguments rage over whether it was up north or down south.

Some credit a northern entrepreneur called John Lees. As early as 1863, it is believed he was selling fish and chips out of a wooden hut at Mossley market in industrial Lancashire.

Others claim the first combined fish 'n' chip shop was actually opened by a Jewish immigrant, Joseph Malin, within the sound of Bow Bells in East London around 1860.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Fish and Chips is mainly crap now days. Usually some soggy sick inducing muck.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The club is missing a trick, get deep fried Cockroach on the concourses asap, they are Chicken Nuggets with a crunch !

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fish and Chips is mainly crap now days. Usually some soggy sick inducing muck.

The fish and chips on the South Coast is awful. Best are up North, Norfolk and the West Country.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, I'm rather hoping that the owners of the three chipies near me do not take flight. All three are outstanding. It seems the Chinese have filled a void in this area.

It doesn't work the other way though as my mate found out when he opened a Scottish Fish and Chip shop in Taipei when we were over there together. He figured that as so many of them made it over here they'd love to eat it over there. Despite most of the football team he coached trying to talk him out of this folly he imported a fryer from Fife at great expense and went about sourcing frozen cod and imported Mars Bars.

Needless to say the locals stuck with their dim sum, spicy chilli beef soup and stinky tofu. We kept him going for a while since he sold beer but eventually even this became counter productive since each player in the team put on nearly a stone and we became (even more of) a laughing stock. He closed and flogged the fryer back to some bloke near Ayr via EBay at a substantial loss, but not before I'd spent an evening guzzling Guinness and eating fried Mars Bars with a Palace fan while watching us lose that McAnuff game at Withers on a dodgy Sky connection.

Oddly the only Taiwanese restaurant in London does really well. Rumours it's run by a Scotsman are unconfirmed.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The fish and chips on the South Coast is awful. Best are up North, Norfolk and the West Country.

Iived further up the hill from Holmfirth where they filmed last of the summer wine for a few months...the shop there was the best fish n chips ive ever eaten.
Last Oct, I came home to Brighton, and the first thing I did was get some fish on the sea front. Spent the rest of the trip vomiting and producing arse gravy.

Wonder if the 1901 members would notice their sea insect sarnies replaced with land insects?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here