Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re Saturday

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not going Saturday because of work commitments, but signings or not, I'm still Albion through and through and lack of signings wouldn't stop me going one bit.

People should remember where we have been, and where we have got to the last few years - If someone said to me 5 years ago we'd have back to back play-offs in the Championship I would of laughed at them!

We have a decent squad as it is, and I'm sure we'll add to it. Keep the faith people!

And yes , I've had a couple of cheeky ciders!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If I hadn't got a Saturday night meal out in Hove with six fellow Wsu's, I might have forgone the seemingly inevitable 1st game anticlimax.... I cannot see any hope with the paper thin squad as it now exists.

Signings or not, we have a better squad than Wednesday as it stands. Win for the good guys coming!

Feel free to bounce on Saturday night!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Very, very worrying. I suggest TB, PB take a look at this thread.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Cant wait to get the 6.57am train from Tiverton be in Brighton for 11.18am and have beer with my sons and mates I havent seen since the Play Offs and then get back at 10.45 pm

And I will continue to look forward to every Saturday Home game this season and every season until my dying day !

aliakbanrafsanjali

Dec 29, 2012
Can't wait! New seats! Me my son and dad on the train nice and early! Did I hear they are selling refreshments outside the stadium on the approaches this Saturday? If so may suggest we alter our routine, weather depending!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
140 mile trip here, and looking forward to doing it (and then repeating it next Tuesday). Its football, innit?

As to the suggestion that we have no wingers or forward with pace? Buckley? Lualua? CMS? All have plenty of pace.

Genuinely when was the last time Buckers opened up the taps and gassed anyone without collapsing in a heap on the floor clutching what masquerade as hamstrings? Granted i'll give you KLL but one swallow a summer does not make. And if CMS gets into the team to exhibit or exploit his pace then all great but two successive managers have had him patrolling odd positions that don't do his talent justice.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We could have only 2 players but id still go on Saturday.

Would take a LOT for me not to go and watch the Albion.....provided other commitments dont get in the way.

I assume those who wont go werent around in the Withdean days where we had pretty dogsh*t squads for a fair few of the seasons.....

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'm on holiday so will miss Saturday and the Cheltenham game. Will be anxiously scanning my phone.
Can I suggest that if you ARE going you get behind the team, however disappointed you may be about lack of incoming players? It's not going to help the players that do turn out for us get three points if everyone's sulking in a corner is it?
I'm confident that by the end of August we'll have a decent squad, and any lost ground will be made up.
Keep the faith, as Micky would say - it's been far, far worse, and it's going to get much, much better. :albion:

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Football season doesn't start for me until the cricket season has finished, although some would say Sussex season is over already.

Missing Saturday's game anyway due to work (only a 14 hour shift to do)

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I'll still do the Saturday home games, as they are an opportunity to catch up with mates I otherwise would hardly ever see. At present though, I don't think I shall bother with the hassle of getting down from London (I don't finish work until 6 pm and have to get out by 5.30 at the latest) for evening games, and I certainly don't plan to do more than a handful of away games (Watford as my sister-in-law lives nearby and Fulham as it's only half an hour from my flat). How do I feel about the new season? Flat, quite frankly, after initial enthusiasm about Hyypia and a real boost from the signing of Stockdale, though perhaps not as much so as last season, when my enthusiasm for all things Albion had practically gone. Put it this way, the Tena Men are still firmly in their packet, but I wouldn't say I'm full of enthusiasm for heading down the A275.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Going, going to eat a pie, going to have a drink, probably going to buy something in the shop, going to be excited on the day, going to be optimistic at kick off, going to sing GOSBTS, going to stay until then end and going to turn up next time. It's what we do innit ?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Currently booking our train tickets for the 518 mile round trip. Don't care who's 's in the team, our squad is good enough to handle anyone in this division. Might have to keep junior out of the new shop though as we fly to Spain next Friday :) Is it true we are doing lager in giant glasses now?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I remember getting hosed by loads of know-nothing muppets on here at the start of last season when I said we had the best squad in the division. After all those injuries we still very nearly got promoted. How wrong the moaners were.
We will do very well again this season with the current group of players if necessary. Moan again if you want to. But you will be wrong. You can"t blame the lack of new players if you simply can't be bothered to go. In fact if you are thinking of turning up and moaning, just stay at home and shout at the TV instead eh.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Will be my 40th season watching the Albion. How people can't look forward to a season with the squad and stadium we have is beyond me. Shows how many people on here are not true loyal supporters. I would rather have a team that we can afford and give it a go, then end up financially in the shit!

Anyway looking forward to meeting up with fellow loyal Albion fans and adios to the moaning JCLs. Brighton til I die.

SimplyBrighton

Jun 6, 2014
will be my 40th season watching the albion. How people can't look forward to a season with the squad and stadium we have is beyond me. Shows how many people on here are not true loyal supporters. I would rather have a team that we can afford and give it a go, then end up financially in the shit!

Anyway looking forward to meeting up with fellow loyal albion fans and adios to the moaning jcls. Brighton til i die.

this!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here